Killer Kat (Build Pics Updated)

isuzudude created the topic: Killer Kat (Build Pics Updated)

Just a little taste. Nothing's glued or sanded, just wanted to give y'all a little sample B)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Woodie replied the topic: Re: Killer Kat

Now that looks like a huge and scaring pussycat :woohoo:
Make sure to update this thread, as the work advances.

Cheers! :cheer:

Woodie.

isuzudude replied the topic: Re: Killer Kat

Work will resume somewhere around the 25th. Hopefully that's when these nights end.

Woodie replied the topic: Re: Killer Kat

Isuzu.

Did you buy this monster with ready cut profiles, or is it made from drawings? Is it meant to be a wooden cat, or is it meant to make a mould?

Cheers! :cheer:

Woodie.

Ozpulse replied the topic: Re: Killer Kat

Sweet! B)
Is that the max-cat? Looks deep enough to be!
This is going to be good! ;)

Awwwww! Your little engine is sooooo cute!

Hey Woodie... They are plans I got off of model boat plans for a 46" max-cat. I downloaded on my computer at work and enlarged them to 65", then ran a copy off on our plotter. Capable of printing things 3' wide by 150' long if a new roll is installed on it!!! B) If I can build a good enough jig to get it absolutely perfect, I'm going to make moulds and hand lay up a FRP version B) It's going to be alot of work,,, but I would rather do it myself than pay $1000.00 bucks for one that's already made! (by someone else) SCRATCHBUILDING RULES!!!!! :woohoo:

Hey Oz, I was hung up between 2 different names..."Killer Kat" or "Mono Killer"... I chose Killer Kat!!! And Woodie said he wanted to build a boat to smash Zenoahs.. I'll be running 4ea 27cc Sikks, from ddmracing (Thanks Dave) It WILL be a mono killer, and probably a small kat killer too B) Life is good!!!

Moofy07 replied the topic: Re: Killer Kat

Hey Isuzudude and Woodie,
I have been sitting here watching you two guys bragging about how you were going to demolish each other. WELL, you have wetted my appetite. :unsure: I won't say anything yet (maybe some) :unsure: :unsure: but I lent a 125cc go kart engine (a Parilla, in it's day over 34 bhp) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: to a friend/fiend quite awhile back who has yet to use it or return it to me. Now it has a complete exhaust with an oversize Tillotson carby. :woohoo: :woohoo: As I said, I won't say anything yet, ;) but if/when I can retrieve it you will be sure I will mention it to somebody :huh: and then I might wade into your competitions and comments.
It will surely be a big development design, fraught will headaches and uncertainty, like props, shafts etc.
So the ball will be coming into your court.
Moofy.

Ozpulse replied the topic: Re: Killer Kat

You could build a ride on rigger with that much motor Moof! :woohoo:

Nice work on the framework Isuzudude! B)
Cant wait to see some skin on that thing! ;)
And 4 Sikk engines... :blink:
I wish I could afford one! :laugh:

Awwwww! Your little engine is sooooo cute!

Moofy07 replied the topic: Re: Killer Kat

Hey Is,
Nice work with the KAT (yeah with a C because it requires more ink as well as more paint ;) :ohmy: )
Hey Oz,
The thought of a ride on :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: did not even occure to me BUT first I have to get the engine back. :angry: It would be big enough. I think Is and Woodie are are going to run in open waters.
If not the idea of a rigger will then be foremost in my mind.
I can't see any problems with most of the instalation, I am not sure but I may have to run with a solid shaft. I would probably need at least a 1/2 inch cable, where a solid shaft will be basically a bolt up application. I think my biggest problem would be servos, but I have had experience with washing machine servos, albeight they run very fast, I am talking micro seconds. As I said, I first need to retrieve the engine. In the meantime it can all swirl round in my head and I will put whatever comes out, down on paper. B) B)
Cheers
Moofy

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.