Killer Kat (Build Pics Updated)

isuzudude replied the topic: Re: Killer Kat (Build Pics Updated)

Took the Kat out with the 257's on her... 56.2 MPH!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Prop walk was unbelievable!!!! Got to go counter-rotating props as soon as I find out which rotation direction is the best. I made a piece with the old style collet, took the flywheel nut off and screwed my adapter onto the front of the engine. Swapped the mounts out and left the Geezer on the (now front) of the engine. All I do is turn the starter around to the front of the boat instead of from the stern, and start the other engine. Ordered a matching set of 7018's and a couple(in case I snap one) of right-hand cables. Hopefully be ready to try it in a week or so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ozpulse replied the topic: Re: Killer Kat (Build Pics Updated)

Hey mate,
Are the 257's stock? Removing the tounge, rounding the ears and a bit of cupping is probably what they need.
Have heard other people have prop walk probs with those props. :huh:

Awwwww! Your little engine is sooooo cute!

I think the only thing that is going to help..is to get an engine counterrotating.. I've found a way to it with the adapter I built. Just have to get it put on and the engine turned around!!! Can't wait to see what happens!!

Haven't got an engine turned around yet... but got some good onboard looking out the back :woohoo: :woohoo: Skip forward to the 2:00 minute mark.Twisted a shaft at the end, but it was fun anyway!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Woodie replied the topic: Re: Killer Kat (Build Pics Updated)

Hi dude!

52 mph? Don't tell me there is a speed limit on your local pond? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
No, just making fun. That's a great video with some fine action!

Cheers! :cheer:
Woodie.

BrandonC replied the topic: Re: Killer Kat (Build Pics Updated)

isuzudude,

Im wondering would your Kat not be a smudge quicker if you had the cowl on it??? The engines must be interupting the airflow over the hull.....especially with the square waterjackets.....

All the best,

Brandon.

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Re: Killer Kat (Build Pics Updated)

Nice video, but the language is a little crude.

Sorry 'bout that Steve.... didn't relize that was in there.. :blush: :blush:

Brandon. I'm still in the testing stage and haven't built a new one since I moved engine locations. I think it will a little, but my biggest problem right now is prop walk. Once I get it set up with counter-rotating props, should help a bunch!!!

Hey Woodie...no speed limit here... But I'm having to hold about 3/4 left rudder to keep it going halfway straight!!! Like running with a parachute deployed!!! :S :S I went out that evening when the wind layed down a bit and run a 56.8mph, but didn't have it on film, so I'm not counting that one!!!

With counter-rotating props (no left rudder to keep it going straight) and a cowling...60+ is going to be NOOOOOO PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Again fellas...Sorry for the fowl language....

aweb25 replied the topic: Killer Kat (Build Pics Updated)

Hey guys, great thread, really enjoyable reading. I was wondering if anyone would be able to explain how to enlarge the max cat prints to make say a 55" to 60" cat. I played around with it a little on my computer but can't figure out how to gauge size? Any help would be great. And keep up the good work

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.