my el cheepo weedy mono

dwr9 replied the topic: Re: my el cheepo weedy mono

The boat looks real nice, congratulations. Yes, you will reduce the air cooling by removing the shroud. Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Woodie replied the topic: Re: my el cheepo weedy mono

Hey! That looks like one evil bastard of a mono! :laugh:
Seems you got the floatation just right, and the rest looks really fine too: Nice colour an good finish! This one is miles ahead of your old but charming Turkish Shoe! :laugh:
No, really: I can't wait to se the final result in a vid showing the boat in its right element. Just keep it up - never sinking! :woohoo:

Cheers! :cheer:

Woodie.

baskarz replied the topic: Re: my el cheepo weedy mono

Well its all ready for its maiden voyage. Radio gear all trimmed and ready. I even added a kill switch activated by the 3rd channel seeing as I have no clutch this time round so I can kill it as it cruises towards the bank. The first pic shows how I rigged it up using a spare micro servo and micro switch.
I came up with a way to secure the radio box and fuel tank by using nylon cargo straps which I slotted under the trays for the tank and box. Holds them very sturdy, no movement at all.
Started it up and gave everything a functional test, all good so far.
now I just need some nice calm weather... hopefully tommorow should be nice n calm. :-)
I even dug out my old navman GPS to use to check speeds with, stuck it in a ziplock bag to stop it getting moist and found a nice snug fit up front of the fuel tank.

Last thing I want to do is make up a hatch for the radio box and fuel tank compartment and it will be complete :-D

Ooo can't wait to run it now :-)
stay tuned for first run video ...

She is a true beauty, and your craftsmanship has turned out to be amongst the best.
So you bet I'll stay tuned for that maiden voyage.
Thumps up from Denmark!

Woodie.

dwr9 replied the topic: Re: my el cheepo weedy mono

The boat looks great. I'm looking forward to hearing how the first run goes. Have fun! Doug

Yay!!
Got to take it out for its first run today.
Ran ok i thought for its very first voyage :cheer:
I chucked my old gps up front of the fuel tank in a couple of zip-lock bags to get an idea of speed. First run i got a max speed of 30kph! not bad i thought, but could tell it wasn't quite getting up on plane, so i adjusted the strut a couple of degrees or so (very technical methods used here ;) ) and chucked it out again and got a 32kph top speed :P

Will now be preparing the bigger 32cc mac to go in place of the 25cc mac in it now to hopefully squeeze a bit more speed out of it.

i stuck my old digital camera on the bow in a watertight box and captured some footage as well as wifey with the other digital cam taking shore footage :cheer:

first clip is onboard footage (makes it look like its going faster than it is hehe )
second clip is shore footage.

Any feedback on what you guys think of its run and recommendations would be appreciated :)

cordles33 replied the topic: Re: my el cheepo weedy mono

Hey, how did you print your plans?

isuzudude replied the topic: Re: my el cheepo weedy mono

Very Well Done!!!

@ Baskarz.

Great vids! Specially the last one. Just listen to the kids excited cheering!
This is what makes it all worth while! ;)
Now, let the kids take the control, and you will be the most popular guy for them!
Congrats!

Woodie

Glad yas like the bids.
I've since done some mods to the motor but havent had the opportunity to take her back out again with work and other projects taking up most of my spare time.
Watch this space! The weather here is starting to warm up and caalm down so another run will happen in the very near future :)

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.