My first build on MGB

whitefish replied the topic: Re: My first build on MGB

Nice work!

Txs for posting the pics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

seanx450 replied the topic: Re: My first build on MGB

Thanks for the compliments guys. Roger on the muffler Scott. Thats why I dont have the pipe holder attached to the the pipe yet. I will order a muffler from T-Mod this weekend. And thanks for the link for the muffler. I'll get a video or action pics up as soon as I can.

Since the last photo was posted I have since replaced the pipe in the picture. . While researching for information about something completely off subject on Jim's I found a forum on Best pipes for stock zenoah's that Scott had chimed in on. Now the pipe I will be using 2 inch band pipe from HMR set at 13" to start and will be reducing the length untill I'm happy with the results.

After a year and some months I finally put my boat in the water. This was my first race in years and man was I nervous! Unfortunately its first test and tune was on race day. I dnf'd in all my heats due to tuning issues but by the last heat of the weekend she was running great. I had a good time all weekend despite the tuning issues and had a lot of fun. I raced in offshore just for the heck of it to get some more run time and it worked really well. The hull runs great on a stock motor and was as fast if not faster than the other boats in the heats. I want to thank the guys at the race (especially John Finch) for helping me get the boat tuned up and running right. Thanks to the gentleman who posted the plans on the web for others to use. If you want to build a nice running and looking mono from wood dont hesitate to use these plans. You wont be disappointed.

Sean
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.