Zenoah G230rc Doesn't stay on....

djflipnautikz created the topic: Zenoah G230rc Doesn't stay on....

I bought a new to me rc boat, wIth a Zenoah G230rc. When i bought it, it started fine. When i went to take it out to the lake, it did not stay on.

It is aircooled, and had the return fuel line pinched off, so i reconnected it. but after the engine seemed to warm up it didn't want to start again. any ideas?

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hot Rods replied the topic: Zenoah G230rc Doesn't stay on....

I take it the boat has a hard fuel tank. Is the tank properly vented? Does the carb have a choke? And do you have any experience with small 2 stroke engines? Pictures would be very helpful. It could be as simple as a carb needle adjustment, or one of a dozen or more things that aren't right. We will need a lot of questions answered to help you.

lohring replied the topic: Zenoah G230rc Doesn't stay on....

These problems are usually with either the ignition or fuel systems. Take out the plug, rest it on the engine, and pull the engine over to check for spark. If no spark, replace the grey coil and try again. You may need to replace both coils, but usually the grey coil is the problem. If that's OK the problem is in the fuel.

Completely drain the tank and wash with alcohol. Take the carb apart, clean it, and rebuild it. Put in fresh gas, choke the engine until your finger gets wet, and the engine should start. If not, open the throttle all the way and try again.

Less common problems might be air leaks into the crankcase or a cracked carb isolator block. Check all the bolts, gaskets, and crankshaft seals. Be sure the seal area on the crankshaft hasn't corroded. These things won't usually keep the engine from starting, but it won't develop any power. The final check is for a twisted crankshaft. Again, the engine often will start, but won't develop power.

Lohring Miller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gulf Coast

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats replied the topic: Zenoah G230rc Doesn't stay on....

He said it runs and dies - must have spark and fuel ????????

Why would you start tearing stuff apart before you check something simple like a vent line or carb settings

Not everyone here know how to do all that

Check the vent line - Post a picture a couple SIMPLE questions and we may be able to help.

No wonder newbies are scared to ask ...... gee

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats
www.youtube.com/channel/UCjwPZIU4nBUUk1CG0xf3TnQ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gulf Coast

Hot Rods replied the topic: Zenoah G230rc Doesn't stay on....

That's why I asked how experienced he is, with these little engines. He just bought this used boat with an air cooled 230. He didn't say whether it dies under load or idling, just that when it warms up. It sounded to me, by his original question, that he was quite lost for even the basics. I might be all wrong ... ?

Exactly - sounds like first boat

Make it simple for them - simply post a picture - tell us what it does or doesn't do and a few questions

to me this would be
Tank vented?
Carb model ? settings? Fresh fuel? fuel line good?
Everything tight? Nothing moving around ?
Cable have a gap (lots run on bench then toss 'em in - under load cable shrinks [or busts with enough power])

I'd check simple things before I'd say 'tear it apart'

Just me -- :lol:

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats

djflipnautikz replied the topic: Zenoah G230rc Doesn't stay on....

I have tried responding but my responds do not get posted, maybe because of the attachments.

Well i am going to respond with out pics and then follow with some pics

This is my first GAS boat. and my knowledge goes to what i have learned from my two stroke atv. So i know some basics. I have Nitro rc trucks, and have some tuning knowledge.

With that said..the boat starts Cold very easily, and then after a few blips of the throttle and between 30sec - 1min it dies and then gets very difficult to start.

The fuel return line was originally pinched off, so i reattached it, and hope to attach a picture to show.

I failed to dump out the old fuel and just added my own to the mix, so i should try to start with fresh fuel (DUH! :pinch: ) but besides that i have not been able to launch it in the water.

Tank Vented? Yes has a small pin hole in the plastic tank top.
Carb Model? says 216 on it? Settings? unknown Fresh Fuel? NOPE! fuel line good? probably not.
Everythight? looks so.
Cable gap? not sure.

If it had old fuel left in it you may have to clean out tank and check and clean carb (maybe new diaphragm if it's wrinkled)

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats

djflipnautikz replied the topic: Zenoah G230rc Doesn't stay on....

Alright looks like a start.

Will dump out gas, and clean out the carb. Dont have a rebuild maybe i should order one? and where can i find the stock needle settings? I moved them around yesterday trying to get it to star.

As it looks like a Warehouse Hobbies boat they should have a kit
www.whobbies.com/category.php?cid=100

maybe close to a 644 which is 1 1/2 L and 1 1/2 H
www.bonzisports.com/zenoah/carbs

turn in slowly till it bottoms out - then open them 1 1/2 each (just guess as I'm not familiar with that carb

should change fuel lines well your at it and clean filter

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.