AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

doubled replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

mitchesx wrote:
Happy me!!!!!!!!!!

man , this going to be totally different ball game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

I just hate to see a new boater get stuck with a piece of junk like that Fuji, and besides, I have lots of engines.

I originally bought the Sikk from O'Neall Brothers to run in NAMBA G2 but no one out here runs that class any more. I thought about running it in my Classic Thunderboat, but it's a 27 and the rules only allow a 26.

I'm just happy to give someone a helping hand. I heard an advertisement once that said to give someone a hand up not a hand out. I have been doing that for a long time and it works for me. I have never sent something to anyone either here or on JRCBD and not been paid. It's just the right thing to do.

Steve

doubled replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

Steve you must be in this business( boat rc) for quiet a while ? Looks to me like this forum is nicely filled with \"experience\" rather than empty talk.

Well what can i say . I am glad you run across my post:)Yo saved me quiet a few $$$.
Thanks again .

and thanks for all the comments , im going to work on the hull little more this weekend. Last night i re did the shaft tube to correct the sharp angle at the stern.
made custom brackets to lower the engine mounts( this hull have unusual slightly wider offset for engine mounts) Re sized the ruder water pickup , few more little things. But its all good and exciting. Thanks for the help here guys\
Dan

mitchesx replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Doubled! Steve - that's awesome - great offer! Good Luck - post some pics or video when you get 'er going!

I will try to take a decent video when i get all setup.pretty exciting.
Local hobby shop owner that i deal with,do car repairs , super nice guy let me used the engine out of 2nd V24 boat he had on the shelf( till the replacement comes in . So we bolted the thing Saturday and took it for little run. I was using nomadio with temp sensor nervously monitoring it. first tank was quiet a challenge. The boat was not moving faster than few miles per hour, prop was cavitation alot... no matter how easy , gentle , i was trying to get to speed. in the same time i could not run it too long because of rising temperature. so that was little confusing. So i messed with different trim angles and we got is as best as we could. I had to take sweet time to get it up to speed , and then was a blast till the pull starter say bye bye.On the 3rd tank the pullstarter housing broke at the screw mounts.We never yanked the thing , the engine was starting very easy , so don't know, not a big deal , we had funn with the boat for quiet a while. It was going maybe 30 and lots of cavitation. We will do some experimanting with different props whenever i get the real engine.
I got to put this Fuji engine back together and most likely gonna live it in hobby shop , in a case maybe as a spare one for us. When i ordered the V24 boat ,hobby shop guy got 2 of them, for me and my buddy. Well my buddy backed out of it after seeing how much problems i have with it, saved some headaches.
Anyway the summary :
Hull was handling like on rails with 30mph, little wake form passing boats was fun to go thru.
The prop or trim issue. i need to gain more experience there, had some problems.
The engine was topping the temp around 260 (sometimes 200 sometimes 270) The plug looked good ,we were checking it quiet often.
The hull is quiet heavy and long ,not enough power from the engine to push it fast. When i trimmed the prop as low as settings allow, the boat was performing the best,but rpm was kind of doggy. When the prop was rise up a touch, the boat was slower , rpm higher , and little more cavitation.The higher i moved more rpm and huge rooster....Lots to learn. Sorry ,but i guess i will bother you guys here alot for advices and so on. No boaters around where i live yet.
thank you
Dan

little update on the boat makeover.
we mess with the hull for past 4 weeks trying to get it to run \"better\" peaty much we
run out the options ... the best we got out of the hull was 36mps, where the goal was 40.I think 30plus on this type of hull design is not bad . It runs better in the rough water than in nice and calm. I guess it could benefit from different drive setup, where the prop sits below the stern...Its heavy and handful. Hey it was fun and nice learning experience. Thanks everyone for help. Especially Steve for the deal on the engine. here is the crazy boat on the pond last week:

Thanks
Dan

marc replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

I don't know much about that particular boat, but looks like it running wet, and could use more prop! You should have more speed left in her in my opinion. :)

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

dkf replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

Yep its running wet, thats why the boats wants to grab and spin out once it hits a wave or ripple. What prop are you running in the vid?

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.