AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

marc replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!

If Aquacraft replace the engine it will at least get you back on the water so you can have some fun! Run good oil in the motor and run it rich, at least for a gallon of fuel or so...go easy on it...they obviously aren't as tough as the Zenoahs.

I agree that a Zenoah is by far the best bang for your buck and best in reliability, so an upgrade in the future is definitely something to look into...not sure how that hull will handle the power though...might be better to move on to a totally different rig when you are ready...enjoy this on in the meantime! Boats are boats and having fun is what it's all about!

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

dkf replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

You don't have to spend the extra money on getting a G260 with the 257 carb. The 644 carb that comes with the G260 is the same size as the 257, it just has a choke and a primer bulb which is more user friendly.

When you install the flex cable the flex cable should slide right up into the collet of the engine without any binding or being off.

Marc made a good point. A stock G260 may have a tad too much power for that hull design. Havn't seen anyone put a Zenoah in one of those hulls yet.

doubled replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

I think im gonna end up running the boat the way it is , i mean with the stock engine.

I found alot of friction points that could be improved. I guess the angle of the straight shaft tube was the worst part of the boat assembly , literally shaft was binding at the end of the shaft tube ..... I will try to lower the engine as much as possible , and \"arc\" the shaft tube to help the efficiency.
Got the Prop balanced,
Tony from WHH sugested to get different prop, it might help.
I Reinforced the hull with additional layer of fiber glass(tricky to get to pick of the bow) and added little supports for the \"stingers?\" not sure how you guys call it.

I do like the hardware of the boat( im not expert here) ,the option to remotely adjust prop angle could benefit newbies like me , to find the good angle much easier.It turns nice both ways and speed would be the only wish :) But i would be very satisfy if any improvements could show even smallest results on water.

Thank you for all suggestions and tips.

marc replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!

I think your decision to run it with the factory engine is probably a wise one. Save up for later upgrading the entire boat instead. Play with it, enjoy it, fine tune it...you can learn a lot if you don't get discouraged.

Tony's suggestion to try different props is a good one. He has been in the RTRs since the beginning and always helps new guys. Just for the record, his RTRs are top notch for that price range...hard to beat for newbies and sport boaters.

Have fun with your new boat and keep us posted. Especially with the warranty claim on the engine, I curious to see what they will do. :)

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

doubled replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

Well the guys form Great Planes agreed to send me engine replacement or upgrade to 28cc. The 28cc is temporary unavailable. I just need to let them know which way to go. How much better ,if any is the 28cc compared to 24.Fuji site was little limited on 28cc information's.

Anyway way good news for me , i will be on the water soon.

mitchesx replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

I dont know much about the Fuji powerplants, maybe someone else does on this site, but I have noticed in the limited pictures that I have seen of it in RCBM Summer issue that the spark plug goes into the jug straight up and down, not at an angle like the 24. Not sure if that had anything to do with your failure, but it might help, and the larger displacement will help with your speed and performance. You may have to notch a hole in the cowling to clear the plug. According to the RIo article, they bolt directly into the same mounts, so you wont have to re-drill for mounts like you would on a Zenoah. Once you get your shaft alignment, it will take some of the load off of it, and I'd be checking to make sure that the shaft is not too damaged to run. Use plenty of lubrication on it each day, and you should re-lube it every so often during the day of running, maybe once an hour or two of running.

dkf replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

I would wait for the new 28cc Fuji. It looks like a much better engine and does indeed has the vertical spark plug. You should also be able to swing a larger prop and get a bit more speed out of the 28cc. The 24cc engine basically looks to me like a converted airplane engine. The new 28cc looks purpose built for boats.

www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/...=LXSMM3&P=7

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

doubled,

I have a new Sikk 27 engine that I'm not going to use. I'll sell to you for $150.00. I'll make you a deal. Send me $15.00 for shipping, and a $50.00 down payment, and I'll send you the engine. Then you send me $50.00 on September 1 and October 1. The engine has mounts and a square drive but no pipe. If you use paypal add 3%.

I was going to use it in a G2 Mono but no one runs that class out here any more.

You can reach me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

mitchesx replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

That's a heck of an offer!

Steve , that is very kind of you to offer me help, and on top it up with great deal. I just send you email regarding this offer. Really appreciate it .Still have a hard time to \"get it\".
I just did little reading about the Chung Yang engines, very impresive peformance.
I wish to return the favor in some way . Maybe we can come up with something.

what a cool deal , im excited!!!

Steve you could list it on ebay like other ppl do , and pull much more for it , instead you decide to help some stranger. Thanks !!!

Dan

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.