AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

doubled created the topic: AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

Hello ,
Im new here in the boat community , although been involved with rc for half om life ,total newbie with boats. Anyway i picked up AquaCraft V24 boat last friday ( i know i read all the post everywhere about this boat, but it was within my budget) .Before I decided to run it i checked every possible thing on the boat , even replaced the screws with the real ss. basicly followed guidelines from forums users.

And in mean time i shoot some happier paint theme in it .
Today me and my buddy went to run it on the lake . Engine started on second pull. Trimmed the idle and ready to roll . We made few close passes to check the water nozzle things if the cooling works. Everything was working nice ,even the prop trim servo . Few minutes of making circles i heard pop and silence . Boat engine stopped, little funny way and damn smoke start cumming out. Man, it was the race in the water to retrieve it .
Short evaluation of the situation and simple verdict : engine is kaput, game over.
It was all on factory needle settings, correct recommended oil/fuel ratio, working cooling, and still fuji managed to blow itself up . On the top of it ruined boat cockpit. It was less than a half of the tank of total running....
Any idea of what could go wrong?
AquaCrafts dudes is this normal thing , part of rtr gas boat experience?
thanks
Dan
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

lohring replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

Aquacraft is well aware of the engine problems. I would substitute a stock Zenoah at $225 and get a standard Zenoah pipe even though the furnished pipe will bolt on to a Zenoah.

Lohring Miller

dkf replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

I would contact aquacraft and see what they say. An engine should never do that, no matter how hard it was ran.

Love to Build replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

Just make sure you are running 8 to 10 oz of oil per gallon.

Ron

6oz. of good oil is plenty, remember that motor isn't putting out near what a stock 231 or 260 does. Looks like the pressure from combustion pushed up on the plug and broke the casting. No doubt heat played a role in the break. The Fuji 28cc looks like a better engine to me and it has a straight plug.

doubled replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

It would be nice if Aqua could replace the engine ,otherwise i would have to wait long time to catch some extra $$ for new engine , plus the fact i would have to face my wife \"happy comments\"....
The cooling ring looks really small and the ruder pickup seams small too. I don't know, At the time of running the boat we were looking on the 3 little water outlets for water streams, all 3 were pushing water out , but not very fast. Oil ratio was mixed based on aqua recommendation, the carb was at factory settings. The engine wa run little on the easy side.Kinda zucks.

Today i took the flex shaft out and noticed lots of wear at the \"shaft tube\" exit points. It seams like duffing the assembly ,shaft tube was installed at slightly incorrect angle creating abnormal friction.Well to late for me for different hull , just fix it and enjoy it .

The motor according to other users is really underpowered for this boat. Im new to the rc gas boat world and 25+mph seams fast :) heheh.but dont know how long the 30mph joy will last.
Maybe i should try to see if Aqua could do the upgrade for me on the engine ,and simply pay difference:)

I doubt Aquacraft would do an upgrade. If Aquacraft stands good for the engine and sends you another one or a new jug you could fix the engine clean it up and sell it on ebay. Some knucklehead will pay a good chunk of $$$ for your engine. You could take the money and buy a stock G260 and drop it in. The g260 will almost double if not double your mph and only cost a little over $200 new.

Its important that everything is aligned with the stuffing tube, if its out of alignment try to correct it.

doubled replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

Dfk,

I send the engine today( i mean my buddy form the rc shop did) , i will be super happy if i get replacement, i missed my new boat regardless the problems , it all can be fixed and nice learning expirience:)
.I have seen 260 with carb for $205. that's $100 less what tower is asking for fuji?

The alignment!!! I don't know how many of you guys are actually run , own or payed attention to the rtr boats?seams like lots of you have nice kits, good quality well made hulls and so on.
On my particular hull the shaft tube is way out of correct angle . it created bind point at the exit bottom stern.Lots of friction that did wear slightly the tube and the shaft after 20minutes run.
I bothered already bunch of folks at rcunivers with alignment questions, bending the tube and so on....
Wonder if you guys have any thoughts about it .
here is the link
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7780430/tm.htm

thanks for the comments guys
dan

seahawkwa replied the topic: Re:AquaCraft V24 expirience , it was a blast!!!!!!!!!

go to one of the shops and get a stock zenoah 26 with wt257 carb for $229.,

thats what i did. and when thats not quick anough do some engine mods or buy a mod jug/ piston and have fun............
idd stay away from those cheeper motor go zenoah or sikk. and you cant go rong for the price

Thank you for advices guys .
Will try to save some $$$ and get that zenoah.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.