× Pictures, videos, questions and/or comments about MGB products. Share your builds and feedback.

New Warpath build... this one is for Chris "Juice" Rupley

marc replied the topic: Re: New Warpath build... this one is for Chris "Juice" Rupley

JUICR wrote:
Just stay out front and off the buoys Juice!!! ;) Just kidding.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

marc replied the topic: Re: New Warpath build... this one is for Chris "Juice" Rupley

Top sheeting all installed and sanded flush to sides of tub.

Nose of tube ready to be cut off for installation of full width oak nosepiece.

Nose cut off and 1/4 square strips glued in to keep sheeting straight and for added gluing surface for the nosepiece. Everything sealed with epoxy on the inside. Block sanded perfectly flush before installing nosepiece.

Gluing on the oak nosepiece with epoxy...weighted down to ensure nice tight fit and bond.

Nosepiece all done..block-sanded to shape and flush with sides.

Inside view of the nose.

"

First coat of West Systems 207 clear on outside of tub.

"
Attachments:

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats replied the topic: Re: New Warpath build... this one is for Chris "Juice" Rupley

What;s the nose piece Marc -- Oak?

That looks so good like that I don't think I will paint mine .... very nice

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats
www.youtube.com/channel/UCjwPZIU4nBUUk1CG0xf3TnQ

Woodie replied the topic: Re: New Warpath build... this one is for Chris "Juice" Rupley

Marc.

Thats really good and precise work as I see it.
But I tell ya - you would not like to have an inside wiew of MY nose. :laugh:

Cheers! :cheer:

Woodie.

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats wrote:
Yes it's oak.. exactly like the kit I sent you. Only thing not in the kits is the 1/4 blocks...I actually had not planned on doing the nosepieces like this in the beginning. So I just went to a local CTC and picked up the 1/4" square in 36" for a couple bucks. I will most likely add it in the next kits I make though. I really like the nose this way and will update the instructions with this info.

"

Finally getting a little bit of time to get back to work on this rigger today... starting on the sponsons.

"
Attachments:

mitchesx replied the topic: Re: New Warpath build... this one is for Chris "Juice" Rupley

Marc - are you gluing the wood to the foam before cutting or was that just for tracing the outline? Anyone think Bob Smith Adheisives are as good as Z-Poxy?

mitchesx wrote:
As pictured there Steve, the foam is glued "sandwiched" between the two pieces of 1/4" ply. This is the first step of building the sponsons. This has to be done on a flat surface and the flat surface of the pieces of ply and the foam flat on the building surface. The back of all 3 pieces square at the back. Make sure to put the pieces on the correct sides of the foam as explain in the instructions... one piece on each sponson is shorter in height and goes on the outside of the sponson (furthest away from the boat). The foam is cut AFTER it has been glued between the plywood pieces.

I am going to post more pictures of the progress of the sponsons.

"

Drill out foam with a 31/64 bit going slowly from one hole to the other making sure not to elongate the holes in the plywood.

Gluing on the second (outside) layer of foam to the sponsons... make the flat sides even and weigh down until epoxy cures...

Now I used the template supplied in the kit to trace out the outline of the sponson. Simply lay the template on the top of the sponson making tip even with tip of sponson and inside edge even with sponson inside edge and trace outline on the foam. Flip template over and do the same on other sponson. Cut foam vertically following the lines you just made. Then block sand smooth. Put both sponsons back-to-back when sanding to make them the same.

Foam has been cut and all edges block-sanded to match the rest of the sponson following wood edges as guides.

Here is what I use to get into the tight spots. It's just a flat aluminum plate 1/8" thick with sandpaper over it. Works great for block-sanding in the tight bend under the sponson.

"

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.