A Few Questions

aweb25 created the topic: A Few Questions

I've bouncing around the forums for awhile now and although I've answered some of my questions, I still have a few that are unanswered.

I bought an RC lot off a classifieds website with a 56" wood tunnel hull, a 46" fiberglass nitro hull, a 35cc quadra and and 2 25cc unknown brand motors, plus a radio and all the hardware for both boats.

First I was wondering what would be considered to heavy for an RC hull? Now in all my limited wisdom I decided to skin the tunnel hull in fiberglass and since it was a vintage look I tried to update it to look more modern. But now im wondering if the hull is too heavy. I still have to weigh it but too me it feels more than 40ibs with no motor or hardware . Is that too heavy?

Second was I was thinking of making a couple of fiberglass moulds and I don't know if there are none, or im using the wrong search keywords would there happen to be any tutorials on this? I've fumbled my way through using fiberglass with trial and error with decent results, but would like to have some help with it this time.

Third, If I was inclined to build a new hull from the prints on this website, What would opinions for a model that would work the best in rough water. My parents have a cottage on a lake, that for the most part but can turn rough. Im not planning on taking it out in 4 foot swells, But what design would work best in choppy water.

Thats it for now, Im sure ill have more later lol. Any help on the three topics would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Adam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bob DeCortin replied the topic: A Few Questions

Anything over 25 lbs is heavy.
My old 57" apache style boat was well under 25 lbs.

Fiberglass info and supplies
www.fibreglast.com
www.fibreglast.com/category/Learning_Center

For choppy water a Vee hull is the best choice.

aweb25 replied the topic: Re:A Few Questions

Thanks Bob, yeah I thought it would be too heavy. I don't know what it weighed before the fiberglass but the guy claimed it did 60mph on GPS. I might peel all the fiberglass and skin off and Reskin it with some 1/8 plywood

aweb25 replied the topic: Re:A Few Questions

Here are pics before i took when I got it home
Does it look familiar to anyone? I don't know if it's a home built or kit but it had a 1" hole in the transom that makes me think it had an outdrive on it at one point.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.