first build trying to jump into the hobby

iluvspdtt replied the topic: Re: first build trying to jump into the hobby

I will probably go with dual then a lot of my running will be done in yacht clubs so tighter turning both directions would have a big advantage. I could take some time to sharpen the rudders and polish them smooth for reduced drag.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ridgerunner replied the topic: Re: first build trying to jump into the hobby

If you could find some thin rudders without water pickups,that would reduce some drag,but you would have to put on transom mount water pickup,prop blast ones or ones under the bottom of the hull.Top Secret Boats used to sell thin rudders,but they're out of business.There might be some around if you put up some want adds here and on the other forums.

ridgerunner replied the topic: Re: first build trying to jump into the hobby

No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationRedline Motors has some on Ebay You would have to ask them if they have everything to set it up as a dual rudder system.

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Re: first build trying to jump into the hobby

I have rudders. .190 to .200 thick 1.200 wide, 6 inches long and made from 7075 aliminum. I have rudders with water pick up on either side. I have about 60 rudders in stock. I have 45 with pickup on the left side, and 15 with pickup on the right.

Price is $30.00 plus S&H. Cash, check, M.O. or paypal. Paypal info: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

I'll post pictures later today.

I'll have 50 outdrives finished by middle of next week. I'll post pictures when they are finished.

OH, and I forgot to mention, ALL PARTS MADE IN THE USofA.

I have a little question that is kinda way off topic. I picked up a 31cc ryobi trimmer engine that was on a bolens trimmer to use on an airboat I had sitting around and when I took all the extra stuff off that's not going to be needed I found that there is a cable that runs from the choke on the carb to a "plunger" on the jug near the spark plug. What is that for? Am I gonna be better off buying a jug without it or something?

My iv fuel bag kit finally showed up today and I am trying to figure out how to run the lines with a primer. It doesn't have anything in the how to on primers.

smokeater2005 replied the topic: Re: first build trying to jump into the hobby

im asuming u mean Carb "primer" bulb.
if so, then there will be a regular gas feed line into the carb, and a return line from the carb which is how the primer bulb returns extra fuel to the "tank", after pulling fuel to the carb, without flooding the carb...

Or

inline primer in which case one needs to remember that u can flood the carb and just be carefull...

It is a carb primer, I need to know how to run the return line.

smokeater2005 replied the topic: Re: first build trying to jump into the hobby

it should be a oneway flow.

most 500ml iv bags have dual outputs.

IMO...use one output and hook it up threw your filling setup, then to filter, then to carb, return line to gas bag threw the other nipple...

anything works as long as the supply and the return are not connected together except via the tank...imo
does that help any?
its hard to understand with words sometime i can do a diagram if you think it would help...

So cut open the second outlet on the bag to use as the return? Thats kind of what I figured.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.