first build trying to jump into the hobby

iluvspdtt replied the topic: Re: first build trying to jump into the hobby

I just ordered my easy vee kit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mercury94 replied the topic: Re: first build trying to jump into the hobby

Cool! It is a fun build. Use a good flat building board and build it square and straight to make sure it runs good.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited to really get this thing underway. The hull is kind of what will determine a lot of things such as how i build the motor mounts and exhaust and such. Can anyone give me some advise on what fuel cell to use in this hull?

smokeater2005 replied the topic: Re: first build trying to jump into the hobby

fuel cells are like remotes, there are many different ones and eveybody likes one...lol

IMO I lean toward the "IV" gas bags, as they prevent foaming of the fuel when the cell starts to get low and your still bashing across the top of the waves...

here is a MGB article

www.modelgasboats.com/Gas_Bag_Setups/

I haven't got a whole lot done until recently since I was injured in a motorcycle accident but I'm starting to feel a bit better so I'm back to assembling the easy vee haul kit and working on my engine while glue is setting up. I have ordered an iv bag fuel kit from a guy in Livonia, MI that sells them on eBay as well as a new gasket set to seal the engine back up when I start putting everything back together. I've also started building my engine mounts. Lucky for me I have a buddy that welds aluminum. I'm currently getting ready to order my drive kit as well as rudder and trim tabs. Can anyone give me a suggestion on what prop to use with a 25cc homelite?
Thanks in advance.

ridgerunner replied the topic: Re: first build trying to jump into the hobby

If it's astock engine a Prather 270 would be a good starting prop that wouldn't bog the engine down.I run modified Homelites and use Prather 275 or 280 on them.Keep your prop sharpened and balanced.Major Smackdown has parts for Homelites and McCullochs such as water jackets,exhaust manifolds,headers, aluminum and polished steel pipes and mounts.His website is no longer working,but his email is john@eellspdx.com.He's great guy to deal with and his products are top quality.

Thanks a lot for that info. I will contact him. Another question I had, is a stinger drive the only thing I can run on this boat or are there other options?

You don't have to run a stiger on it.You can use a strut setup and make it surface drive with a rudder offset to the right.
Attachments:

I was actually kinda considering using a strut setup with dual rudders. Any pros or cons to that?

The dual rudder setups turn better ,but cause more drag and reduced speed.Probably not a lot of loss.I used both and the offset turned right real easy ,but left turns were wider and I had to slow down.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.