budget hydro

wichers00 replied the topic: Re: budget hydro

this boat was not setup for it at all. they have the right idea with the hull but the hardware and driveline pieces were al wrong. so im setting it up correctly to learn setup's then i will one day buy a chaos hull or even a insane gen4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

anybody have any ideas on which pro i should start out with like a starting point.

well all my parts came in and i setup what i could here at home but ill do a finish setup tomorrow at work. i have to epoxy the nut to the back of the turn fin support then fiber glass it on to the boat. thanks to gizmomotors.com and rocketcityracing.com for speedy delivery.

the header is a 105 degree angle and it fits perfect.

heres the turn fin loosely bolted up.

jtv62161 replied the topic: Re: budget hydro

Just wondering why you went with a 105 degree header rather than a 180 degree wrap to center and straight out the rear?

mitchesx replied the topic: Re: budget hydro

Better performance is achieved with a 105 than a WTC, the WTC won't boost the power because of the distance from the cylinder. I did notice something that I think should be beefed up a bit. This motor will be more powerful than that stock powerplant, so the rudder linkage should be as well. The force on the rudder and torque from the motor could possibly tear that linkage free. You'll wind up with an uncontrollable boat, resulting in a flip and possible dunk of the motor. I would go with a 440 ball link or heavy duty clevis. The ball link is best, IMO. I also agree with Scott, the motor should be somewhere where that tank is, its going to be loose and possibly try to fly. A 250 ML IV bag might tuck nicely into the nose with something to hold it...

Also - make sure your rudder servo has at least 230 - 300 OZ of torque.. Not sure what was in there before.

yeah im gonna get to that point when i get there and yeah i know about the servos. im not sure what im gonna use just yet. idk about the flighty this boat feels real heavy in the front plus remember 800ml gas tank will be up front to. i could see it getting flighty on a low fuel level.

mitchesx replied the topic: Re: budget hydro

That's usually when you have to worry, when the tank empties a bit. I had an Insane hydro that weighed 16 lbs and when it got near the end of the fuel run, you knew it, or you blew it over. Engine was right where it should have been, and it was fast. An Insane is made to take the punishment of racing, I'm not sure about the thickness and quality of the layup on the one you have. I had a .12 Nitro Proboat Miss Bud (was my first boat), and if its anything like that, it wont take a lot of abuse. Just want you to have fun, and get the most out of your boat.

yeah im looking at the aeromarine chaos with there hardware kit. im prob gonna get it later this year. im looking to learn from this hull. like setup of the parts and what parts work best for me. im not looking for this boat to get crazy fast. i need to work up to that.

first run with no setup at all. i still need to set the pipe length and im running a 2717 prop. it sounds like i could go smaller to pick up some rpm but i dont have the cash right now to be buying props.

Mercury94 replied the topic: Re: budget hydro

Nice! I've been watching this thread and it's cool to see some results. You might try working on your setup before worrying about spending $$ on props. I noticed you were getting off the throttle going in and through the turn. Try keeping the throttle on as you feel comfortable through the turn keeping rpms up and nailing it out of the turn. Keep working on your setup and faith in your turn fin untill it can hold you where you wanna go.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.