48" Wildthing set up

RCGasBoat replied the topic: Re: 48" Wildthing set up

Sounds like the stuff coming from China is still the cheapest! Cant beat them on price, not sure about their reliability and quality.

Ironically, there isnt a huge following of model boaters in China. I was based there, in Shanghai, for 4 years and hardly seen any RC boaters there! RC cars and planes are what most do there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

larryosbourne replied the topic: Re: 48" Wildthing set up

Hi with reliability and quality in the rudder and stinger is good it is not really a moving part and using this gear for 2 years now.O and the rudder is not polished like speed master rudder i can take pic of them up close if you want to see the diff.

And for the price you cant beat it like you said,but id buy from USA if it didn't kill the picket with price,taxes and customs fees, when i order from china were it is made i don't get taxes or custom fees witch is great because it is a hobby.I am trying to have fun not break the bank lol.

Doug how far right and deep is your rudder ? Same token the trim tabs....do you mount it a fraction of an inch off the bottom and how far left and right are they from the centerline? Lastly, the turn fins, do I place t at the extreme right toward the chine? Thanks

dwr9 replied the topic: Re: 48" Wildthing set up

I mount the rudder 2 1/2" to the right of center and the bottom of my rudder is about 2 1/2 inches below the keel of the boat. The trim tabs are mounted 1 3/4 inches off the center and between 1/16 and 1/8 inch above the bottom.I put the turn fin as close to the chine as I can. You can see my transom and hardware mounting in the pics I posted earlier in this thread. Doug

Thanks Doug.

Should I install 2 turn fins or one suffice?

dwr9 replied the topic: Re: 48" Wildthing set up

I only have one turn fin on mine. Doug

occgrego replied the topic: Re: 48" Wildthing set up

Hi I have just started a build on a 48 myself. I have not been able to find info on the set up for the engine. What is the approx measurement from the stern to the rear mounting point of the engine? Is there a known starting point?
Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.