Cooling jacket

Gary created the topic: Cooling jacket

I am looking for a used cooling jacket for my Homelite.
Thanks,
-Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ridgerunner replied the topic: Cooling jacket

Second picture down is the Billet Aluminum Super Cool water jacket. www.marinespecialties-rc.com/engineparts.htm The part number is EA-HOM-P03 and the price is $39.75 You could also make one out of a copper pipe cap or even aluminum tube.

Gary replied the topic: Cooling jacket

Thanks. A copper cap? What size do I need to get and how big of a hole do I need to drill in the center? Also, what size of O ring for the top and what size of rubber gasket for the bottom?

The one on my yellow Homeltie 25cc is 2 7/16" OD X 1 1/4" tall and has a 1" hole in the center.I think it's made out of an aluminum cap or may have been machined.Parts on this engine wre made by Jim Johnson(chipbreakr)It is held on by four screws tapped into the top fin.It don't think it has gaskets ,but rather seal made out of black high temp silicone gasket maker that's in a tube.You could also make a cooling jacket out of aluminum tubing which on my other red 30cc engine is 2 1/4" OD X 1" tall.It is made out of 1/8" thick wall aluminum tube and is sealed top and bottom with JB Weld quick setting formula as it will dry quicker and not run.

Attachments:

Gary replied the topic: Cooling jacket

Thank you. What size are the inlet and outlet fittings?

They are 10/32 bored out to 1/8" and use 5/32 water line from Zipp Kits zippkits.com/~zippkits/index.p...products_id=297

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.