my latest build - LR-X Sport hydro

martno1fan replied the topic: RE: my latest build - LR-X Sport hydro

I agree high 70s in race conditions isnt probably realistic but i was asuming this thread was to show just what this hull is capable of as regards top speed not just what it can do in race conditions.I have no interest in racing myself i just run for fun and try and get my boats running as fast as i can.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

marc replied the topic: RE: my latest build - LR-X Sport hydro

That's a whole different ballgame, and I agree, high 70's is far from impossible with a Sport Hydro if you're not talking heat racing. I had a Gen2 Insane that ran 72mph a while back when we first started getting the Zenoah 260s...just goes to show...today we have harnessed that power much better and hulls like the Whiplash will go high 70's fairly easily with the right engine/pipe/prop combos if just looking for top speed.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

damian replied the topic: RE: my latest build - LR-X Sport hydro

Hi Guys,
We are setting this hull up purely for heat racing as we have our nationals coming up in a couple of weeks, after that the quest for straight line speed will begin ,will probably need to build a different motor for that, have got another couple of props to try over the weekend, hope to pick up a bit more speed.
Thanks for your comments guys, will try and get some more vid up after the weekend if I get to the mid 70s :drinks: .
Only started this thread to let people know how testing was going as there was pretty good interest in Mikes earlier posts.
;) :=D

lakeracer replied the topic: Re:my latest build - LR-X Sport hydro

hi guys,
heres a small video clip mark has sent me from his weekend boating with andre in holland,im sure the guys have a good write up on how the weekend went,i plan on going next year,from what i have herd mark had a great time,
getting more video so will post more footage as it comes available,

cheers mike

lpbudgie replied the topic: Re:my latest build - LR-X Sport hydro

Hi guys ,
yes these hulls are getting faster by the week and yes the next mission which i choose to except as part of the lakeracer team is straight line speed we have only scratched the surface with this design thanks again mike for a top boat mate
thanks,
Len.

damian replied the topic: Re:my latest build - LR-X Sport hydro

Hi Len,
Yep I reckon I can squeeze a few extra mph out of mine yet, its sitting pretty nice around the oval now, just a wee bit of tweekin needed , might build a new oval racing motor and keep playing with this one for straight line stuff and see what i can get out of it.
Sounds like Mark had an awesome weekend in The Netherlands, got some good vid of his running.
Cheers
Damian

hi guys,
been a while since ive been on here,been busy building hulls,
heres a few pics of some of the boats ive made recently,

cheers mike
Attachments:

another
Attachments:

another
Attachments:

heres another one,theres more but this gives you a few to look at,

cheers mike
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.