my latest build - LR-X Sport hydro

lakeracer replied the topic: RE: my latest build - LR-X Sport hydro

hi guys,
had damain call me today to say he just ran his hydro with the new modds he has done to his rcmk evo rear exhaust and ran 70.8 mph (114kph),the speeds are starting to get better and with larger props it will be good to see what we end up with,the boat was running very flat and stable,hopefully he can post some of the testing footage,in the next few days,mark is also trying to get more footage of his hull running,
cheers mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

martno1fan replied the topic: RE: my latest build - LR-X Sport hydro

Not sure about the evo but the rcmk 254 prefers smaller props,still waiting for Mark to post more videos of his with the qd engine.What props have been tried so far out of interest on both setups ?.
Mart

the new evo engines are a different beast,heaps of torque,i run both qd and rcmk really impressed with the performance we are getting so far from the evo engine,and still alot more porting can be done,both engines spin 6717/3,6719/3,2716/20 rake with ease ,testing 2718/2,2816/2,2818/2,2914/2 and a few others at present,marks trying to get more video at the moment to post,

Id be inclined to go smaller on the evo and try the abc cleaver 2517/3 .63.5 mm diam 108 pitch i hear this is a good prop.

**James** replied the topic: RE: my latest build - LR-X Sport hydro

Lakeracer,

There are a few guys over here in my club that would like some info about your hydro. What would the total cost for the hull/hardware and shipping to Canada, postal code is K6A1X9. Im not saying that we will buy your boat but would like to have a better idea what it would cost. We might be interested 2-3 boats.

the prop you have mentioned may be a good prop but way to small for what we need,it will let the engine rev but with the 2716/2 and 6719/3 it reving its head off,theres no comparison between the old rcmk and the new evo,this motor can spin some good size props,

hi james,
i can look into this for you,shipping several hulls at a time has been working out alot cheaper,if you can email me on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. i can send the info to you once ive talked to my freight guys,what city is that area code you have given me?

cheers for the inquiry

mike

Trust me no stock EVO can match a fully modded zen for power or torque but hey no worries keep going bigger if it suits you.Few guys running the prop i suggested on the zen 7 over here and they like it,for a hydro or rigger you want rpm not torque,id be inclined to use the high revs rather than go with torque and big props.
Mart

the rcmk engines we are running are modded ?? as i have said in my pervious posts "with more porting we will get even more out of this motor" as for the revs,everyone knows a good reving engine performs well in hydros and riggers but if you can have a engine that is getting good rpm and has good torque you can run more prop options and this is what we are finding with the rcmk evo engines,

Well that may be the case i supose the proof is in the pudding as they say.What kind of numbers are you getting from your modded evos rpm etc,so far the fastest speed ive seen is 70 mph what rpm and with what prop.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.