Another Build...Zippkits Z-Box

marc created the topic: Another Build...Zippkits Z-Box

Building this one to replace the Bratz I-Box... daughters keep giving me a hard time when I race it... "Don't break it daddy!!!" :) So this will be mine. :drinks:

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

seadams replied the topic: Re:Another Build...Zippkits Z-Box

Looks like you are off to a great start. One thing is this boat needs down slope on the front deck. Anytime I would get mine up to speed it would blow off. Then I hit a turtle and tore the bottom up pretty bad. Got another one I am building with MAJOR mods to the bottom and top. If she runs good she will be a plug for a mold.

Scott

kennyrach replied the topic: Re:Another Build...Zippkits Z-Box

Hi m8 look nice .Here some picture of the one i building now
Attachments:

marc replied the topic: Re:Another Build...Zippkits Z-Box

Looks great! I am actually at the testing phase with mine now. So far seems to run awesome. If we can get some good weather so that I can go shoot some video I will post the review shortly. Here's a pic of the finished boat.

"
Attachments:

kennyrach replied the topic: Re:Another Build...Zippkits Z-Box

Look super with no paint and love the mad page of spy vs spy

Giantscalejim replied the topic: Re:Another Build...Zippkits Z-Box

I just started building the same boat and am new to c-box's. What strut and trim tabs did you use? Thanks.

marc replied the topic: Re:Another Build...Zippkits Z-Box

Giantscalejim wrote:
I made the hardware myself on this build, but you can use stuff like Speedmaster or Topsecretboats hardware.

www.topsecretboats.com/crackerbox_products?b=1

For Speedmaster stuff I use the SPDR-012-DULBA Rudder assembly which meets the 4" limit for hardware off the transom. For strut you can use a skeg strut if your organization allows it...(here we race under D2 Classic Crackerbox rules, so no more skeg strut and no more turn fins on transom). For the trim tabs, the only place I know of to get the BIG ones that work best is Insane Boats. Again though, check for rules in your area if you race...we can no longer use the bent over tab here in D2. Here is a link to the Insane tabs...they also sell a complete hardware kit on the site: www.insaneboats.com/index.php?...d2e79eb6a4ad66a

"

Moofy07 replied the topic: Re:Another Build...Zippkits Z-Box

:cheer: Nice build. I bet the young ladies are happy you won't break their boat. (yeah, if its anything like my family you have lost your boat (Bratz) to the girls now you have something else like it to run).

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.