my FireFighter rigger

INEEDSPOTS created the topic: my FireFighter rigger

just about ready to hit the pond sunday.

Team COR-TROL Racing - The NETWORK

IMPBA Twin LSG Rigger 1/3 Mile 2-Lap National Record Holder
IMPBA OFFICIAL 12 sec lap 1/3 mile Gas Cat
IMPBA OFFICIAL 75+mph SAW Gas Cat

CC Racing Engines.. Shocker Propworks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Roxyflash replied the topic: Re:my FireFighter rigger

Looks ready to throw in the lake.Even got it painted.Hope it goes good for you.Looks like abc prop like a 2716/2 blade.Should put you in the 70 mph range easy!

INEEDSPOTS replied the topic: Re:my FireFighter rigger

thanks bruce... yea got bored yesterday so decided to throw some paint on it. Still need to cut up some vinyl for it and give it a little more flash. Prop is actually a 3014/2 Juice sent me.. did a small bar cut on it, but gonna try out 6717/3 first then work my way up in props. Was gonna have a 20* 2716/2 to try, but it didnt come so no biggy. Not too worried about speeds right now, just want to see it launch and be able to get down to a decent mill speed and jump up and run some laps so i know if im entering it in race in 2 weeks.

BTW i cut down the fin a bit and made it match the curve in the spar. And doing so actually moved it foward a bit without having to drill new holes. Its still a bit deep.. maybe 4\" or so under the sponson. Got the sponsons set 7\" from tub to inside on both sides. Have pried like crazy on the sponsons and they dont seem to wanna budge, so the clamps seem to be working great sofar. Will found out for sure after they go through a bunch of vibration and bouncing around out on the water.

Roxyflash replied the topic: Re:my FireFighter rigger

You may want to shorten the water hose from rudder.Looks like it may hit the prop if it blows back from the speed and get cut by prop.I had it happen to mee on my whiplash.

jonnycash replied the topic: Re:my FireFighter rigger

how did the boat run? i was thinking of getting those plans. worth it or not? looks great! what are you runnig for engine and hardware? thanks jon

sorry havent been around to see this.

The boat runs decent... speed isnt good enough for me, but im still trying to work out handling issues with it, while i have not really messed with it for a while now.

I mainly run a QD25 in it. Hardware is just standard speedmaster strut, short standoff speedmaster rudder, swinging a 6719/3 prop.

martno1fan replied the topic: Re:my FireFighter rigger

Hi Will any updates on your rigger? i will probably be building this same boat sometime in the spring or summer .
Mart

Mart, the boat has finally started coming around. After making some AOA adjustments, Turn fin adjustments and strut adjustments its a much smoother and easier boat to drive, and is consistently running 72-73mph in oval trim.

rcuvideos.com/video/FireFighter-Gas-Rigger-2

martno1fan replied the topic: Re:my FireFighter rigger

Sounds good was that with the 6719/3 ?,what kind of speed do you think you can get from her eventually?.Sounds like these things take some setting up to run well,might have a word with my mate Johnno in Aus hes built a few of these things.
Mart
ps good video,still plenty more to come i reckon ;)

Johnnos rigger

Yes that was with a 6719/3 from PropWorksWest. The low 70's its running now is really all i want out of it as im just trying to get it dialed in for racing, not all out speed..and may actually slow it down to keep it more consistent in race water.

This is another run, with a pretty much stock 6719/3.. all i did was round the tips and barcut it rcuvideos.com/video/FireFighter-Gas-Rigger

Yeah ive seen Johno's... ive seen just about every video there is on the net of the gas FF's... i dont think anyone has been faster with one then i have sofar.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.