Just Playing with Toy Boats

Ronald Olson replied the topic: Just Playing with Toy Boats

So, how is that GrimRacer prop working out for you? I've got two of them but really haven't put any real time on them yet. I've also got one from their old V-24 boat that appears to be very close to a X-470 with a smaller hub. I thought that I'd toss them on soon just for giggles to see how they'd do on my current boats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tootalltechie replied the topic: Just Playing with Toy Boats

The Grimracer prop works better than the ABC 2716 2 or 3 blade
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronald Olson

Ronald Olson replied the topic: Just Playing with Toy Boats

Thanks. I'll give it a shot on my Cat then!

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats replied the topic: Just Playing with Toy Boats

Gordon - tried 'other' motor - only a little guy but ran ok 'out of the box ' for couple

Randy

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats
www.youtube.com/channel/UCjwPZIU4nBUUk1CG0xf3TnQ

tootalltechie replied the topic: Just Playing with Toy Boats

Looks like the TK rotor worked well with the custom zen coil.
Gordon

that was first two runs so will play some -- revs were good ++ never really leaned on it - mounts are way better though with soft rubber than first QD and hard ones - only 10 oz so runs out fast ..... :woohoo:

zoom zoom

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats

SRI Motorsports replied the topic: Just Playing with Toy Boats

Boat isn't running to bad Randy. If I could make a suggestion.....drop the tabs a 1/16" to control the bow a little better. If the bow is up a bit in the corners you can angle the rudder back very slight to carve harder and also control the bow on the straights a bit better. This should get rid of the instability I see. You are also right about the eng mounts. When my hard ones were in the boat had bad habbits, changed them for soft ones and the boat quit the BS. That was the only change made to clear that issue at the time.

Peter Somers
SRI Motorsports

Lazer 40 LSG27 + LSG36 SAW

Peter
I intentionally try to get it to ride just on tabs - these were first two runs on QD/TK motor - I will play with set up lots yet. The videos are just playing with a new motor that's all.

Lazer 40 when they get up there in speed - (if it's not riding somewhat 'loose') tend to stuff pretty hard if you bobble it.- this Lazer has had maybe 5 or 6 engines in it - - 3 drives - 3 rudders - 5 blades - 3 sets of tabs - 6 or 7 turn fins and maybe 50+ tanks of fuel.

My intent with this second Lazer is playing -- nothing more - this is a simple QDHT with few diff things - testing a 1" pipe - TK crank / flywheel

Look at my set up - little diff than most - my SM drive has bushings, my tabs are 3 1/4" long (have a stepped edge) - rudder is 5" long - blade is shortened - sharpened with a beveled bottom - turn fin is made from thin (very sharp) SS knife blade ---- if I can get it to ride on tabs and prop ---- I'm happy :lol:

The Lazer 40 (I'm sure u know) is a real balancing act - this was a swap from a GZR 30.5 to QD/TK combo so will need some work - yes the tabs some (we had maybe a hour to run last night before dark - I took 3 boats all with new engines to try - so will play with set up on weekend)

I will be testing new 36" AC Cat soon with this QD combo - so was really just a test of engine -- the Lazer loves that GZR 30.5 so it will go back in once freshened up - wicked combo in a 40"

Thanks for comments - how's that one of yours running ??

Randy

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats
Attachments:

SRI Motorsports replied the topic: Just Playing with Toy Boats

Running exceptionally well. Very happy. Just ran a bag through it last night for re breakin. Had a carb screw accident. Thanks god damage was minimal. Just a sleeve and piston to replace. I wanna get out and run but wind and rain has kept me from doing so. Maybe tomorrow after work. Do you know how much your lazer weighs? Just wondering.

Peter Somers
SRI Motorsports

Lazer 40 LSG27 + LSG36 SAW

Gulf Coast replied the topic: Just Playing with Toy Boats

Nice! That is 2 fast weedeaters :P

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.