Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Re: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

For bearings, the standard size drive uses 3 lead teflon bushings. There are 2 bushings where the prop is, and 1 at the other end.

I am confident that the drive as it stands will support the power of the RCMK engine. Your problem is not going to be the drive, I think it will be the flex shaft.

I feel confident enough in my drive that I will say, "IF IT FAILS, I WILL EITHER REFUND YOUR MONEY OR BUILD YOU A NEW DRIVE"

I have a batch of new drives sitting on the bench right now just waiting to be assembled. I'll get one assembled today and post some pictures.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

smokeater2005 replied the topic: Re: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

Im alive, and im back! sorry guys full time nursing school is taking a toll on me with my full time job, and they added clinicals "working in hospital for free" on top of all that not to long ago...
i have got my drive shaft, and outdrive and turn fins and will pop up some soon...

smokeater2005 replied the topic: Re: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

School is out in two weeks! I can smell the 2 cycle running...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my Motorola electrify M using Tapatalk 2
Attachments:

Any good ideas for properly lining up hardware prior to hole drilling?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Triple gas bag setup will eliminate weight shift as gas bags empty, also provide the lowest center of gravity, and even Though a bit more tricky they can, with one way check valves, prevent total fuel leaks into the hull...

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2
Attachments:

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats replied the topic: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

Tape off back of hull and give your self some referance lines -- centerline and 2 1/2" left and Right is what i use to start

Then lay out according to manufacturers sheet (if I have one)

if you use real good tape (I use green 3M body shop tape) you can get the parts to 'tape into place' to see if it 'looks right'

Pencil marks are easy to erase - holes are not

I always drill very small holes first then a bigger one - I drill with a vacuum sucking dust so I can see what I'm doing

On rudder I only drill 2 mounting holes - then mount - put small piece brass into undrilled holes and drill them on the boat - the brass stops from drillling into bracket and gives perfect holes first time

I use caliphers (with a lock) to make sure all my lines are square - i set them - lock them - then use them for making sure stuff is equal from center

Cheers

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats
www.youtube.com/channel/UCjwPZIU4nBUUk1CG0xf3TnQ

smokeater2005 replied the topic: Re:Re: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

Wow so many good Ebay finds recently. Pics of the goodies coming soon! It is getting closer to being finished....

Sent from Tapatalk 2

smokeater2005 replied the topic: Re:Re: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

Is there any rule of thumb for trim tab measuring and placement?

Only going to use one pair of non split tabs...

Sent from Tapatalk 2

smokeater2005 replied the topic: Re:Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

I'm back guys...nursing school owned me but I'm back now

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.