Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

smokeater2005 replied the topic: Re: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

for a custom EL Wire kit "click here"
EL Wire custtom kit update!

My kit priced out at about 60$ for battery holder, dc-ac inverter, 3 wire extentions with connecters, and three custom cut and soldered ((soldering EL Wire is a BI***H from what everybody says BTW)) strands of 2.6mm EL Wire, strand a and b are same length and strand c is shorter in my app. red, green, and white respectively. all powered by 4AA batteries for longer than 7hrs. mounting most likely with tack adhesive and then a skim of clear uv protective/waterproofing cauk. Two holes A.=2.6mm'ish and another B.=large enough for two wires to be pulled threw. Both holes I believe will be just under the rear corner lips on the left and right sides. Ill post some pics when I install it so you can see what im attempting to explain with words! LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

smokeater2005 replied the topic: Re: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

Trial one of "sand and spray of" dual epoxied uk inspection bend conduit rc boat air scoops! Tell me what u think" the othe color I was thinking about is black, and hull is yellow and will have metal parts with black vinyl graphics....
Attachments:

Finished dry fitting airscoops check it out...
Attachments:

More pics
Attachments:

So, Im at a standing still point. I need to decide on the best way to turn the boat. My options that I am looking at are rudder beside the prop (on the right from behind), and a steerable drive system. I have not really heard from anyone (good or bad) that uses a steerable drive so I am leaning toward the rudder beside the prop... any input?

Does anyone know of a servo with enough muscle to turn a 160mm rudder that doesnt cost 100.00us dollars?

I need a drive system with 8mm prop shaft bearing and support structure to handle the power from the RCMK K600S engine, so the medium trimax from mhz is probably what i will end up going with...

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Re: Bonzisports 54" fountain hull buildup... name= Schizotypal

This drive is made for a 1/4 inch shaft, but with just a few keystrokes it can be made to be stout enough to hold up to the RCMK or Quickdraw twins.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: smokeater2005

steve, with just a few key strokes can a driveshaft also be made to match it? and what about bearings?

Ok, well after much thought i have decided to scrap the 57cc in the 54" boat for an rcmk single cylinder engine, the room inside the hull is just so tight it would make more since to use a smaller engine... however all is not lost in my persuit cause i plan to carry over my exhaust header ideas, engine, and possibly use a drive spliter for my 1:3 SCALE garwood speedster wood boat build... more to come when i decide on an engine..ttfn

many irons in the fire mean many things to work on....

Ok still working on the jig, a few scale bugs to work out...

What does everyone think of my front hook placement ..more forward or back???
Attachments:

Well Well Well. Sorry i been lost in school for the past 5 weeks! BSN nursing school is really kicking my butt...

Anyway- I did get a single prop dual turn fin setup that I still have at home in the plastic! The plan is to rip into it soon and upload some pics on here of assembly and the progress so far!

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.