Blast from my past ... NEW Cal Craft mono build

Scott created the topic: Blast from my past ... NEW Cal Craft mono build

Picked up this undrilled hull earlier this winter from a guy in Florida.
Surprisingly these hulls are still being built by Lenny Blake of "Rum Racing" in Arizona. Original designer and manufacturer was Calvin Motley, thus the name of this hull :P
Anyways ... having raced smaller sizes of this exact hull back in the mid 1990's, they were top runners and solid performers. This hull the Big nitro/Gas version at 44" OAL. Hope it runs as well and have rigged it with a blend of mix & match hardware to duplicate close as modernly possible the rigging used 15 years ago.

Powered by an RCMK Evo engine tho using a modified 1st generation cylinder, ceramic coat hot pipe combo. Long trim tabs, Top secret stinger drive & rudder, home made turn fin, CC t-bar & homemade wood radio box. Hi-tec servos with Futaba radio gear. Bucks bag I.V. fuel bladder attached to stringers forward of engine.

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moofy07 replied the topic: Re:Blast from my past ... NEW Cal Craft mono build

:) Nice job Scott. Should go well as well as handle well (well,well,well) Just goes to show that when you love those earlier boats, you always at some time want to rekindle the fun. I did this a couple of years ago with an early hydro called "WHITE HEAT" circa 1970. :woohoo: You have just got to love those early hulls.

marc replied the topic: Re:Blast from my past ... NEW Cal Craft mono build

That's a nice ride! I remember those boats too...at one time it was the CalCrafts, the Youngbloods and the Twincrafts! :laugh:

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Tropheus replied the topic: Re:Blast from my past ... NEW Cal Craft mono build

Gosh you see so many new designs, but then you have such a clean classic set up and it makes me want one. Where did you get that cool muuffler? Curious, with trim tabs, they are set up one farther from the center of the transom than the other that is tucked under the rudder support. Why?

Scott replied the topic: Re:Blast from my past ... NEW Cal Craft mono build

Tropheus wrote:
Muffler with water injection a self made custom ...
Tabs are evenly spaced, an optical delusion :blink:
Spacing of tabs is the same having an @ 2 3/4" gap for prop to find clean water.
Rudder @ 2 1/4" right of C/L ;)

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.