How convert weed eater motor for rc boats @ if possible what would be needed

Oicu812 created the topic: How convert weed eater motor for rc boats @ if possible what would be needed

Would like to change a weed eater engine to use in my rc boat how to info,,, pros and con's of doing so ect info would be nice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bob DeCortin replied the topic: How convert weed eater motor for rc boats @ if possible what would be needed

I think there are some articles on that here. If you can machine parts then converting a trimmer to rc boat use is easy. If you don't have the ability to make mounts you have a problem. I done conversions on a couple different trimmer engines,some were water cooled some left air cooled.

If you can make the parts,all it costs is time and if like me, I like making parts, then go for it and don't let anyone talk you out of it.I took it to extremes though, I scratch built a boat using the epoxy glass over foam technique, made all the hardware. The only thing I bought was a prop and radio gear outside of screws nuts and bolts.The engine was a freebie from a relative.

ridgerunner replied the topic: How convert weed eater motor for rc boats @ if possible what would be needed

What kind of weedeater is it ? Pictures are always nice.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.