RCMK S254

Scott created the topic: RCMK S254

** This thread discusses the Content article: RCMK S254 **

Sorry MGB readers, the 11 previous posts made on this review have been lost due to a server glitch.

The engines are now getting run by most who purchased them, RCMK has had a few issues with crank seals (Pressed into bearing) coming out on a few of the earliest one's in the country.
If you suffer from having this happen ? Contact Bruce of GIZMOMOTORS and he will fix you up :drinks:

Otherwise the S-254 engines are proving to be quite the power house !

* They like smaller props allowing engine to Rev-Up :dance2:

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ronald Olson replied the topic: Re:RCMK S254

Scott, any advice on which props seem to be working good so far? Right now the RCMK is going into a mono but looking at another for my Pro Cat.

Scott replied the topic: Re:RCMK S254

Ronald Olson wrote:
Ron,
Really not a prop specific thing, they run most props a zenoah will but will perform better offering higher RPM if you keep the loading down a tad allowing them too really spool up in rpm. :dance2:

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...

jtd replied the topic: Re:RCMK S254

scott how do the bearings come out of this motor? I have one thats leaking. any advise would be great.

jtd wrote:Minor oil weepage out of a sealed bearing is a non issue in most cases. If the seal blows out entirely you have a BIG problem.

A simple cleaning and gluing in of the seals outside diameter in contact with bearing outer race is simple enough ....
See: attached photo. ( Flex CA glue applied around the seals outside diameter after a good degreasing with a strong solvent such as MEK )

If replacing the entire bearing is in order, then heating of the crankcase will be required too get them out.

Attachments:

I should have said I have a big problem (lol)
I have already talked to gizmomotors & have the bearings coming. yea its more than a little oil film, I had gas puddleing on my rear mount, I know how to do the single bearings with heating the case. just was unsure on the two they go in from both sides right.

Just did one this morning, RCMK has the bearing bores set up with a shoulder making each bearing only go in or out from each side.

A VERY hot case, small pin punch tapping on the bad bearings ID race from threw the other bearings inner race is what was required.

You may get away with bench slapping the hot case half to get one out, I tried unsuccessfully having instead to slowly tap it out little by little :dash:

thanks thats what i thought. i was very happy otherwise great motor! thanks jtd

galoi replied the topic: Re:RCMK S254

thanks scott! It is a good advice for anyone use RCMK engine first. If i get a RCMK for my Cat Project, i will gluing the seal before put it in to my boat.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.