Build an Outrigger

tetrat created the topic: Build an Outrigger

This thread discusses the Content article: Build an Outrigger

Where can I get plans for this rigger to go along with the article.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Alexia replied the topic: Re:Build an Outrigger

G-Force Hydros

Bob English

Phone: 707-425-2453 (business name is Mr. Bicycle ... ask for Bob)

Business hours are Mon.- Fri. 9:00-6:00 Sat. 9:00-5:00 and closed on Sunday

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

That's right at the end of the build report and probably a good place to start

marc replied the topic: Re:Build an Outrigger

I don't know that Bob sells plans. If not you can try Richard VanHeusden he has nice plans for Midwest Riggers. Here is a link to his profile on Jim's...you can send him a Email trough there. www.jrcbd.com/member.php?u=1227

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

tetrat replied the topic: Re:Build an Outrigger

Thank you .. I tried the link for Bob at the bottom of his article but it gave me server error?? I will try the dock thanks Mark.. Tom:)

Ozpulse replied the topic: Re: Build an Outrigger

It would be great if we could get some approx. dimensions for a gas sized rigger. B)
ie. tub min/max length/width/height, sponson/boom width/length/spacing etc.
Dont want anybodies secrets but something to give the builder a chance to go it alone and design thier own build from a basic set of dimensions.

Thanks,
Chad. ;)

Awwwww! Your little engine is sooooo cute!

Scott replied the topic: Re: Build an Outrigger

Ozpulse wrote:
Most 25cc class GAS riggers will be in the 45" - 50" overall length.
Tub alone in the 42"-48" range. There are a few smaller yet, but under todays power IMO the longer hulls are really the more stable at speed.
Tub widths generally 5" inside with some shoehorning in on special mounts narrow as 4". Really when one scratch builds, the HARDWARE to be used sets the design perimeters somewhat.
3 point or 4 point designs generally require different AOA on front sponsons, after plane distances and attention to C/G location and weight distribution sponsons and prop will carry are all in the design mix.

Rigger are by there looks the simplest in design, but in reality the MOST difficult to actually get right :blink:
Unless SPLASHING a known hulls design attributes going about scratch designing and building a rigger would require a LOT of luck.
Honestly tho if NOT having years of hands on experience with Riggers, doing blind "Got an Idea" building would require extensive trial and error :S

** That said, IF a modeler were too start a project and share WHAT DESIGN PARAMETERS they wished to incorporate ? ..... You could get guidance by those who have been there and done that :woohoo: ..... Only wish they were such simple beasts.

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

Thanks Scott, just thought it would be good to go along with the article.
Boom/sponson spacing etc. were my main concerns.
I have a few different rigger plans, but most are nitro or electric and its not as easy as just scaling up. ;)

Scott replied the topic: Re: Build an Outrigger

Most of the single engine 25cc class gas rigger I have worked with have had boom spacing in the 6-8" range with sponson to sponson inside distance in the 16"-20" range.

Hope that helps :huh:

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

Cheers Scott! B)

Working on a carved tub at the moment so need to setup boom position etc. before doing anything. ;)

315neil1007 replied the topic: Re: Build an Outrigger

Why not a CNC cut Zippkit Gas rigger.All ready cut. Tried & tested. put her together in a week or so. www.zippkits.com/

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.