Aeromarine Conquest

PRO AVENGER created the topic: Aeromarine Conquest

This thread discusses the Content article: Aeromarine Conquest

Marc,
Very nice build. Great graphics. Interesting changes. Noticed in the static pics you have water outlets on the left (port) side of the hull and in the video I think I can see water out of the top right (starboard) rear corner of the cowl. I'm thinking about running water outlets somewhere verticle on my Conquest. Currently have them horizontal mid-point on the left (port) and they are not very visiable during heat races. Keep up the great work.

Jerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

marc replied the topic: Re:Aeromarine Conquest

Jerry,

Thank you for the feedback. You are correct, both water outlets are on the starboard side about mid-hull. The water seen spraying up at the back is actually from the propwash hitting some of the hardware. It does look funny! The first time I ran it I thought a water line had come off, but it's really from the prop! :) The cooling is working fine, but I agree that having the outlets vertical would make it much easier to confirm that you have good water flow when speeding by!

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

PRO AVENGER replied the topic: Re:Aeromarine Conquest

Marc,
You mentioned wheel collars for your linkage. What are they and where do you get them? (maybe you have pics of them?)

Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry,

Dubro Dura-Collars. Cat.No. 599. :)

"

488cid replied the topic: Re:Aeromarine Conquest

So wat speeds have you gotten out of your conquest so far?

Mine has been running about 57-58 in heat trim last I checked...I am no longer GPSing it though...anything over this is fast enough to win races in my opinion... runs great and is very solid. Will be running it at the Northern Nats in August...we'll see how it does (hopefully the driver does well too! :) )

"

bradi replied the topic: Re:Aeromarine Conquest

Marc wrote:
My friend’s Conquest runs the same speed as yours Marc..57-58mph. My Insane Gen 2 is GPS'ing 61 mph. A bit too fast for heat racing IMO. I think the boat would handle better at 57 58 mph as it is quick to trade ends in the corners (in heat water).
See you at the Northern Nat's. We're staying at the Ramada Inn on Wellington rd. Rates are better than Motel 6 and Holiday Inn.

bradi

Well good luck, mine is consistant 66mph with QD25HT and a modded prather 275, runs 59-60mph heat trim with a voodoo7016-2, please post your race outcome. Thanks

I have done some more tweaks today...strut is now at 1/2 inch centering of prop above sponsons and level...boat picked up a lot of speed and holding it better in the turns...I will bring it up to 5/8 inch and report back...I will have to update the article and post some new video when I get some...it keeps getting faster!

"

I tried 5/8 on mine it seems too high and you get too much slip- 1/2 is where I run mine with a voodoo 7016 or a prather 275

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.