Carburetor Tuning

dlongee created the topic: Carburetor Tuning

** This thread discusses the Content article: Carburetor Tuning **

Great web page. Thanks.
Don Longee:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

suwaid replied the topic: Carburetor Tuning

what a Fantastic thread thank you :)

The Doc replied the topic: Re:Carburetor Tuning

Just the info I was looking for great web page Thanks:drinks:

Alan

marc replied the topic: Re:Carburetor Tuning

There are a LOT of good tech articles on the site....just have to look for them! :laugh:

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

puredelightingiving replied the topic: Re: Carburetor Tuning

Not a bad article.Easy if you follow your engine manuals recomendations for your top end and bottom end fuel screws.Great.Start the motor somtimes choke is necessary for a cold start and adjust the idle screw until the motor idles without engine failure.Then you will have factory standard settings according to the engine manual which will tell you a variety of other useful tips.

puredelightingiving replied the topic: Re: Carburetor Tuning

Most factory carb settings are hot rod.They feel like a lick with the screw driver.1 and a 1/2 turns vertical for your low end.An 1/8 to 1/4 richer for your top end than 1 and 1/2.Like taking some illegal drug screw the idle in full and turn it back a tiny tad until it feel like you have had level sex with the screwdriver.Then leave it up to poor owner to spend hours trying to get his boat tuned.These blokes that put things together for are pretty slick.It feels like your hands had the cane you should try it.

Alby replied the topic: Carburetor Tuning

Hi there I'm having trouble getting the needle and seat settings correct for my 771 walbro any tips?By the way its on a sikk.
Cheers Alby

larryosbourne replied the topic: Re: Carburetor Tuning

I have a sikk 27.2 with the 771 and i use 1 1/8H and 1 1/2L and go from there.

Alby replied the topic: Re: Carburetor Tuning

Hi again I actually need the setting of the needle and seat gap (just below the metering diaphram).It's a real pain,Just finished building a prowler and it fly's with the sikk, when its operating alright.I also have a Zen 26pum with a big bore kit that I might put into it!!!and test the glue.
Cheers Alby.
ps. have also built the 72 inch deep vee from the plans on here,might put the Zenoah in that. :woohoo:

larryosbourne replied the topic: Re: Carburetor Tuning

HI i think you are looking for this?www.gizmomotors.com/index.php?...emart&Itemid=56

PS i have build 5 of them hulls you can look up my builds on the forum, and you can see the vids on youtube just type ( hubey12 )in the search.Two of the hulls are running sikk 27.2 4bolt engines not the 2bolt heads.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.