Insane gas mono

marc replied the topic: Insane gas mono

Seriously, I can't see the difference in weight between similar hulls making any kind of difference when you consider the amount of HP you can get in there with electrics. Find a hull that can actually handle the power! The Insane Gen 1 would be a good choice I think, as would be the Stryker Y6, Lazer, and of course the Rampage, just to name a few. Any good gas hull is a good candidate I think. I would look for good solid layup too, preferable carbon reinforced.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hugh replied the topic: Insane gas mono

Marc the AC site threw me off a bit. The photos and descriptions of the boats dont match so I dont truly know when Im reading the specs if it is the actual boat Im looking at :blink:

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Insane gas mono

If you want to use the Insane, use the Generation 2. It has the same bottom as the Gen 1 and 3, but it has a cowling. As far as weight goes, if you're not drag racing, weight is not that important. It's the shape of the bottom of the boat that determines if your boat is fast or not. You could put a 15 horsepower motor/engine in your boat, but if the bottom is the wrong shape, it may as well be a sail boat.

I enjoy scratch building boats also . There are a few nice woodies Ive come across.

The boat its modeled after

~Photos taken from offshorerc.com~

Unfortunately I havent been able to sort the AC site out and no one has offered clarification of the photos with discriptions :(
Hard to think of buying a boat when I dont know what Im looking at.

As far as insanes You guys keep saying gen 1 gen 2 ....... whats the difference in these hulls, bottoms,weight, etc..... Sorry if Im asking too many questions.

Can anyone tell me the difference between gen 1, 2, and 3 hulls.

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Insane gas mono

Gen 1, original design.

Gen 2, same bottom, added cowl

Gen 3, same bottom, opened top so 90 degree header could be used.

All 3 boats very fast if properly rigged, and very high quality workmanship.

marc replied the topic: Insane gas mono

There was a difference in the bottom of the G3 hull...can't remember exactly, as it's been a few years since I had mine, but the boat did not run the same as the G1 and G2...it was looser, and if I remember correctly it had an extra strake on the bottom, as opposed to the G1 and G2...not 100% sure though, you'd have to confirm that with Insane.

Another difference was the clamshell seam on the G3 as opposed to shoebox seem on the 2 previous version.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.