Gasoline

Reader created the topic: Gasoline

** This thread discusses the content article: Gasoline **

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drinking Gas replied the topic: Re:Gasoline

You have me with the OTTO what is OTTO ??
That is a new one on me I guess :unsure:

Dicko replied the topic: Re:Gasoline

Here in Australia an Otto is a brand of wheelie bin

www.wasteworx.co.za/Otto.html

:laugh:

marc replied the topic: Re:Gasoline

It's just a label to that plotted curved...was most likely using the John Otto oil referred to later in the article. ;)

I think the end results of this article are very interesting. There really doesn't seem to be much difference in performance from the various fuels, be it 87 or 92 octane, or even camp fuel. We just have to watch out for the high alcohol fuels and re-tune the carbs accordingly.

Same goes for the different oils, no real difference in HP/RPM...guess it boils down to personal preference when considering only power and not carbon buildups, long-term wear etc...

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

lohring replied the topic: Re:Gasoline

Otto is some synthetic oil purchased from John Otto designed to be used in gasoline or methanol based fuels.

We actually tested a lot more combinations than we reported on in the article. It's surprising how much nitro you can mix into alcohol containing gasoline (alcohol is a mutual solvent) and how little gain there is. I've now stopped worrying about whether we should be testing fuel. The big limitation in our engines is you can't change the compression. We have tested standard nitro fuels in a Quickdraw. Our tests were very brief, but there was a power gain until we damaged the engine.

Lohring Miller

marc replied the topic: Re:Gasoline

Thank you for letting us publish this great article Lohring... it's great info and will put at least some arguments to rest! :)

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

mikehowse replied the topic: Re:Gasoline

i just liek camp fuel since it doesnt have a smell...same witha bucnh of ppl i know who run it...i have a 50 foot house boat so i have no choice but to store indoors...so its worth the cost to cut the smell

Tropheus replied the topic: Re:Gasoline

I ran camp fuel for a year (I was convinced that I was doing my engine a favor). I got tired of running to Walmart and went back to gas...much cheaper and same result. I replace the carb diaphram every 3 months anyway....in case there is high ethanol content in the gas. Different stations in my area run different percentages.

Man, Ethanol containing fuels are brutal on real boat engines. We were convinced that we would save money by "dilluting" our gas with this less expensive ethanol. Short sited liberalism!

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.