RUDDER BLOW OUT

Steve Seebold created the topic: RUDDER BLOW OUT

I have about 50 Speedmaster compatible rudders for gas boats that I'm blowing out.

My rudders are made of 7075 T6 aluminum. They are 1.200 wide, .185 to .200 thick and 6 1/4 inches OAL, and they WILL fit the Speedmaster steering block

My regular price is $28.00 each and I am blowing them out for $18.00 each , $34.00 for 2, $45.00 for 3.

All prices are plus $6.10 USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box, and I ship Monday, Wednesday and Friday

I have changed the design of the swivel and will no longer be producing the current rudders.

I also have offset steering arms for left side, right side $10.00 each and dual arm for center $15.00.

I have about 25 of the dual arm steering blocks, 70 of the right hand and 25 of the left handed ones.

I forgot something in the rudder discription. The pick up hole in the side is .125 diameter. That's over twice the area of other makers allowing for more cooling water.

I also have servo brackets for Mini, Midi (standard size) and Maxi (1/4 scale). Prices are $5.00, $6.00 and $7.00 respectively.

Get enough guys together to spend $100.00 shipped to one address and I'll pay for USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box shipping.

See p

icture below.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hugh replied the topic: RUDDER BLOW OUT

What happened to the photos? I was browsing these rudders; they look nice. Mr Seebold do you do any dual pickups?
Thanks
Hugh

Steve Seebold replied the topic: RUDDER BLOW OUT

Not yet. When I do, there will be 2 pick ups on either side of the rudder. I have the material cut, I just haven't started working on them yet. Probably not for another 4 to 6 weeks.

Attachments:

whitefish replied the topic: RUDDER BLOW OUT

Steve:

Thanks for making these available. I hope boaters who run this
style rudder are taking full advantage of this opportunity.

Haven't sold one yet.

whitefish replied the topic: RUDDER BLOW OUT

All the more reason to remind everyone these high quality rudders will
not be available at this price forever. Just sayin'......

I could put a time limit on these prices, but I can make a little money at that price point and I'm not doing this to make a living, I'm doing it for something to do instead of sitting on my butt watching TV. I have a small CNC milling machine in my garage because I just need something to do in the day time.

I'll probably fix the price at $20.00 for a single pick up and $25 for a dual pick up rudder. The difference in mine and everyone else' is mine are made from 7075 aluminum which is way stronger than the "aircraft quality aluminum" everyone else claims to use.

I just finished a run (125 pieces) of standard size servo brackets. I still need to put them in the tumbler to debur them, but then I'm going to sell them for $6.00 instead of $11.00 like my competition.

I think I'm even going to cut the price on my outdrive. My drive is much more rugged than the Speedmaster unit and a lot more adjustable than the one from Insane. The Speedmaster and Insane drives are $60.00, and I have been asking $85.00 for mine.
I am going to cut the price to $70.00 for the next run.

Keep watching for new stuff. It's only gonna get better.

Hugh replied the topic: RUDDER BLOW OUT

Not trying to suggest things as if what you have isnt already nice. Id really like to see someone make struts, rudders, and turnfins that look scale for the 1/8ths and thunderboats. Cdmi used to make really nice rudder brackets that looked great on a scale boat.Please keep making stuff coz we need more things made here. We also need to spend with these guys that are trying to reinvent America through small enterprise and business. I love it coz instead of crying like some folk :P you actually build something "YOU" designed and sell it. ;)
At a good price at that!

Tahoe1970 replied the topic: RUDDER BLOW OUT

Steve , can you make single pickup blades like around .150 or less ?

I can make them any way you might want. At least I think I can. I have never tried to make a rudder that thin, but I suppose I could do it if the stars lined up and I held my mouth just right.

The rudders I make now have a .125 hole down the back side. That would leave .0125 wall thickness and I would be concerned that at the speeds we are going now, that rudder would just break off in a turn. I made some that were .125 thick for Insane Boats about 8 years ago, but there was no pick up hole.

If you'd like to talk about it, give me a call. 714-420-2453.

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.