My New Whip Ride

Gone On Racing replied the topic: Re:My New Whip Ride

Here's a few pic's of mine..Rudder (speedmaster)mounted flush to transom..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mitchesx replied the topic: Re:My New Whip Ride

The one on mine, I think, is Top Secret, with the extended Hyrdo strut. I can move both in, I have another bracket that will move the rudder forward at least 1 inch, and the second hole in the strut bracket will do the same. I'm assuming that having them further back will make cornering a challenge?

I run speedmaster hardware..Keep us posted once you have had a chance to get'r wet.. :)

I will. Your Whip is beautiful, BTW. I think I'll try it, and then move them if it seems sluggish in the corners, or is difficult to get to corner. Believe me, I'll take any help I can get to get this thing (and all others) running as best as I can, and will do the same for anyone who needs it. I run a lot of different hardware - some Speedmaster, some A/M, and TopSecret on my boats. Each seems to have some advantages, and others, some disadvantages.

When these are set up right,,It like the boat is on rail's..corners just awesome. Keep us informed..Thanks

Do you agree with trying it like it is??

Moofy07 replied the topic: Re:My New Whip Ride

:P That is a great job you have done, I have always loved the metallic blue :cheer: s with yellow.
Again well done.

mitchesx wrote:
No not really..I would go with the direction's that Brian at Blazer marine has posted..

Moofy07 wrote:
Thanks for the compliments...That is called NISSIAN blue...That will be the color of all my boats for the most part. Thanks again

Had a chance to get a coupla bags thru the motor. I had some grounding issues to overcome, but once I got that straghtened out, it seems to run really good. No problems with cornering, I may need to take a little more rudder out; I'm still over driving it a little (didnt help that I was out there with a vee making lots of rollers, and was scary loose), but I didnt have any problems making good corners on our relatively narrow pond - sometimes with no let off on the throttle at all. Just need more wheel time probably. Tried a couple of props, will need to use the GPS (thanks Mark!) to see which is better. More to come.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.