Big Bore Carburetor Mod

dkf replied the topic: Re:Big Bore Carburetor Mod

Anyone ever try removing the the butterfly screw and soldering it on? Shure you would have to melt the solder if you wanted to pull the shaft but it would flow better without that screw in the venturi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scott replied the topic: Re:Big Bore Carburetor Mod

dkf wrote:With the carb body acting as a heat sink, it would be VERY difficult to get a good bond between the butterfly and shaft.

If it looked good and in reality was just a shiny low penetration joint, swallowing the butterfly at 17K+ is going to hurt ... A LOT !!

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Re:Big Bore Carburetor Mod

Scott wrote:
If it looked good and in reality was just a shiny low penetration joint, swallowing the butterfly at 17K+ is going to hurt ... A LOT !!

:clapping: Scott is absolutely right. And if you mess with the screw in the butterfly, you will most likely end up with the same results. :diablo:

INEEDSPOTS replied the topic: Re:Big Bore Carburetor Mod

theres no screw and blade coming out of mine... i epoxy the blade to shaft, then epoxy the screw to blade and shaft. Ive yet to have one loosen up or come apart. Far too many bone stock carbs are having the screw loosen up and not let carbs close to just take them out of the box and bolt it on and run.

Team COR-TROL Racing - The NETWORK

IMPBA Twin LSG Rigger 1/3 Mile 2-Lap National Record Holder
IMPBA OFFICIAL 12 sec lap 1/3 mile Gas Cat
IMPBA OFFICIAL 75+mph SAW Gas Cat

CC Racing Engines.. Shocker Propworks

02cummins replied the topic: Re:Big Bore Carburetor Mod

I am going to try this carb mod, has anyone done this or run the 813 carb with any results

Mholst replied the topic: Re:Big Bore Carburetor Mod

I have modified my Zenoah 260 the rpm with this engine in my sprintcat 42`` is 18500 with a PS 7016/2 ss prop.Speed with a PS 7018/2 was 103 km/t.
I have tried several types of Zeonah carbs and the 813A works best i got almost 800 rpm more with this carb than with a modified 257.
I also found out that there are no gain by soldering the butterfly plate i just grind down the head off the screw as much as possible and cut the bytterfly holding screw (its to long)
The most inportant is to line up the carb with the isolator plate and inlet port.I have also instaled zero drag zeals.And lightened the piston.I also driled four holes just below the piston ring to get better flow.And raised the exhaust port and modified the transfer ports.

My homepage.
www.mhrcboats.piczo.com

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.