My New Whip Ride

mitchesx created the topic: My New Whip Ride

Its almost Done! Plum Crazy!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moofy07 replied the topic: Re:My New Whip Ride

That is really nice work, I bet it is NO purple turtle.
Again nice.

INEEDSPOTS replied the topic: Re:My New Whip Ride

great lookin Whip, Mitch. Is that a Gen1?

Team COR-TROL Racing - The NETWORK

IMPBA Twin LSG Rigger 1/3 Mile 2-Lap National Record Holder
IMPBA OFFICIAL 12 sec lap 1/3 mile Gas Cat
IMPBA OFFICIAL 75+mph SAW Gas Cat

CC Racing Engines.. Shocker Propworks

mitchesx replied the topic: Re:My New Whip Ride

@ Moofy Thanks! We should find out soon!
@ Will Thanks! You nailed it, it is a Gen 1

I cannot take credit for all of the build - I bought it built, but reworked a lot of it over nearly a year to get it to this point. Also put the 3/4" pads on as per Scott's suggestion. I'm gonna compare this to my Insane Gen II, I have a feeling even with the stock RCMK, its gonna be fast. :laugh:

Tropheus replied the topic: Re:My New Whip Ride

Sweet Ride. Love the color scheme. Every time I see a new Whip my girlfriend gets nervous because she knows I am close to throwing down the wallet to build one.

You bought it built? Wow, from the looks of things you have put serious work into it. It looks brand new and I'm assuming it had been run before you bought it.

Believe it or not, it was an ebay boat!! I bought it last year for $300 (hull/hardware) - if you know what to look for, and what questions to ask, you can wind up with some good stuff up there. I knew I was going to put the work into it. I stripped it down, checked the wood, made any corrections, re-sealed it, re-engineered where I had to, then refinished it. I would love to have gone with a clear wood finish, but the wood filler used by the original builder was bluish/grey. Yuck!!

Tropheus replied the topic: Re:My New Whip Ride

EBAY??? No kidding. Awsome find. I am going to start spending some time there especially in this economy where people are searching for cash. WOW. That is really impressive. I'm drooling.

Scott replied the topic: Re:My New Whip Ride

Looks like a nice rework/rebuild ... be sure to let us know how it runs :woohoo:

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

Gone On Racing replied the topic: Re:My New Whip Ride

What rudder is currently on there, looks to be maybe a stand off,,,if so,,I wouldn't suggest it.

I'm not 100% sure what make rudder it is, it is about 3" off the back of the boat, will the pivot point be that critical? Should I try it like it is, and see how it runs? This was the hardware the original owner ran on it. I went and checked it, 3.25 inches to the front of the blade, no way to mount the stansion any closer without changing assemblies; The blade does end before the tips of the prop.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.