Custom Deck Railing

martno1fan created the topic: Custom Deck Railing

This thread discusses the Content article: Custom Deck Railing

I really like the railings and holders you made they look very nice,not so sure the bow strengthener nose piece is a good idea.If you hit someones boat i think your going to do some real damage to it and they wont be too happy when they see what yours is made from,far safer to use some rubber trim on the bow its less likeley to damage yours or there boats ;) .
Mart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tropheus replied the topic: Re:Custom Deck Railing

I gotta be honest in saying, I really don't like the look of the railing and the nose piece. It's creative but does not add realism in my opinion. I guess rubber would be better to soften the blow, but if you are going to hit at that single point of the boat, the impact and force are going to crack and damage the hull regardless of what material is used as a minor bumper. Not only that, but you have to now go to the extra step in removing the material addded in order to repair the hull.

marc replied the topic: Re:Custom Deck Railing

I think it looks great! If guys want to do it without the nose piece, that's easy do do...the main idea here is to show people how to make a custom railing and I think this is well illustrated in this article.

Thank you for submitting this Martin. Always great to get articles submitted by other boaters! :drinks:

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

martno1fan replied the topic: Re:Custom Deck Railing

Yes i agree the railing looks great and im glad it was posted as id like to do something similar so this helps me a lot so thanks for sharing.I wasnt meaning to sound negative about your design i just dont like the nose piece idea thats all.
Mart

infinityteg replied the topic: Re:Custom Deck Railing

Hi there

great article
Heres mine i made for my thunderbolt. the end uprights i olny drilled half way through to secure the rail

Cheers
steve

martno1fan replied the topic: Re:Custom Deck Railing

Nice and simple i like it Steve what diam rod did you use on yours,im having some rail holders made by a friend and im using 4 mm round bar for the rail not sure yet wether brass or alluminium just depends what he has in stock either way suits me as i might paint it anyway.Ill post some pics when i get them.
Mart

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.