Build an Outrigger

frankh replied the topic: Build an Outrigger

hi is there a pdf file that has the blue print or template to know the specs on each of the pcs , cause it looks like a fun build , or was that the instructions for the kit he is selling ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

marc replied the topic: Build an Outrigger

No plans available of these riggers that I know of. There are some of other designs floating around on the web though. Also I'm pretty sure Tom Moorehouse is still selling plans for the Firefighter gas riggers. You can get a hold of him on International Waters.

www.modelgasboats.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

marc replied the topic: Build an Outrigger

I think you can also buy plans for the Midwest missle from Richard Vanhuesden... Probably reachable on Jim's RC Boat Dock.

www.modelgasboats.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Ronald Olson replied the topic: Re: Build an Outrigger

After reading the aricle and all of the replies so far, is there any feedback on Bob's outrigger? Just wondering as somebody wants to do some swapping with me and there's one of these boats that may be involved in the deal.

Scott replied the topic: Re: Build an Outrigger

Ron,
I know Bob personally also frequently racing against him and his boats.
As of a couple years ago now, Bob quit manufacturing his G-Force riggers and decided doing Props was FAR more profitable venture as a sideline business.

His boats show up on Jims every so often. getting a used one or an un-rigged one is your ONLY way to get one now.

Not to Say extreme Good or Bad things about his hulls ... they were in terms of basic design a Road Runner based variant. Very stable, easy launching and great running boats. Faster designs exist, as do slower ... nuff said there.

If I can help further or put you into contact with Bob, PM me with an inquire.

Best Regards,
Scott

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronald Olson

Ronald Olson replied the topic: Re: Build an Outrigger

As usual Scott, you've come through for me again! I've got quite a few of Bob's props and love his work on those but didn't know until recently that he had built 'riggers at one time, even more surprising as I've read this article before a long time ago.
At this time I can't get into a lot of detail as to why I was asking about this boat as I haven't seen it yet in person. It's all on the up-and-up but until I get at least some pix of it then I'll know more about what the deal is, if it's new or had some time on it. The G-Force is supposed to be a better runner than what I have now although in the short time that it's seen water I've been happy with it.
The article kind of got off-topic typing about other kits available. Bob did show us what it takes to make one from scratch and the work involved but kind of fizzled after it was done. I was hoping to see a video of it running. Maybe I'll check You Tube to see if I can find anything there.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.