Bernoulli Water Bailer

Docsl created the topic: Bernoulli Water Bailer

This thread discusses the Content article: Bernoulli Water Bailer

Hi, regading the Bernoulli water bailer issue, can anyone out there please help me, cos on the pictures only show water coming in thru the bottom of the hull and exit thru the transome. how does the "unwanted" water in the hull be drawn out while the boat is running???;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wennie replied the topic: Re:Bernoulli Water Bailer

Hi Steven,
You have the theory wrong ! The water is sucked out of the hole under the boat, in that way the excess unwanted water is removed from the inside of the hull !
I hope this helped.
Cheers,

Docsl replied the topic: Re:Bernoulli Water Bailer

than why is that a tubing running from the bottom of the hull thru the wall of the transom?

marc replied the topic: Re:Bernoulli Water Bailer

In Picture 1 you can see the hose coming from the bottom of the hull (this is the hole creating the suction in the tubing), and the other end finishes with a tubing CLOSE to the inside bottom of the hull...this end is the pickup that will suction all water from inside the hull.

The other tubing you see exiting the transom is explained in picture 4...it is a manual drain for in the pits to get water out of the hull.

Hope this helps. :)

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Docsl replied the topic: Re:Bernoulli Water Bailer

oh.... ic.... thanks you so much bro. thats why i kept wondering why is there a brass pipe sticking out of the transom...
btw bro, what your decision on the sale of your boat?
actually i intend to purchase either a Aeromarine Conquest or a Seaducer Cat, but too lazy to built. that why tot of getting one that is already or semi built,

marc replied the topic: Re:Bernoulli Water Bailer

Which boat are you refering to?

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Craig Dickson replied the topic: Re:Bernoulli Water Bailer

Hi guys

I’ve been looking at some of the “how-to articles” under the Magazine tab and I have to say there are some fantastic articles in this section.

The article on the Bernoulli Water Bailer I thought was simply brilliant!

Cheers
Craig

Craig Dickson replied the topic: Re:Bernoulli Water Bailer

One consideration I have in respect of the installation:

Picture 1 in the article (as above)seems to show the tube being pretty close to the vertical at the point where it exits the bottom of the hull. (And a small ramp was needed in front of the hole on the hull exterior).

I am wondering if it could be better by having that tube sloping downwards (say 45 degrees) towards the back of the boat (opposite slope to a water pick up). So that this way the exit elongated hole can be slightly flared out towards the back (finished dead flush to the hull) eliminating the need for the “ramp”.

In effect making it certain that the water cannot hit any (vertical) surface and flow back up the tube.

Regards
Craig

Steve Seebold replied the topic: Re:Bernoulli Water Bailer

I see. So what you're saying is the hole thru the transom to be used for bailing water in the pits will also allow water to enter the boat if said boat stops on the race coarse.

Woodie replied the topic: Re:Bernoulli Water Bailer

Hi Steve.

This sort of bailer is the most ingenious of all as it has no moving parts, that needs maintenance - only tubing.
It works by suction and only when the boat is running. If you have the inside tube making a turn well above the waterline, it will NEVER take in water at a stop. Not even if the boat turns over. Just be sure that the inside tubing stays in place in case of a turnover.
Actually this is all about simple physics.

Cheers! :cheer:

Woodie.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.