Aeromarine XXX Outerlimits

Joe JT created the topic: Aeromarine XXX Outerlimits

** This thread discusses the Content article: Aeromarine XXX Outerlimits **

Which criterium do you guys use to find out which distances is the correct one between the centerline (C.L.) of the hull and the centerline of the rudder (RCL)? Is that distance alscorrect for a 51\" hull? Another question is if a stinger is installed instead of a strut does the ½\" distance remains correct?
Thanks
Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

marc replied the topic: Re:Aeromarine XXX Outerlimits

Most monos are setup with about 2.5 inches from the keel CL to the rudder CL...this coincides with the stringer. It's just a number that works well with most monos.

The 1/2 inch height for the drive is good be it a drive or a strut...the 1/2 inch is the centerline of the propshaft.

Sorry about the slow reply, just got back from the Gas Nationals.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

fastmerc replied the topic: Re:Aeromarine XXX Outerlimits

Hello,

I am building up one of these hulls and I was wondering where you got the air ducts you added in. Also, where or how did you do the screen vents on the cowl.

Thanks,
Brett

marc replied the topic: Re:Aeromarine XXX Outerlimits

These are the small airscoops I used in the front deck.

www.greathobbies.com/productin...prod_id=HLIH550

As for the screening in the back of the cowl, I used the inside of a plastic floor register I bought at Home Depot. :)

Hope this helps.

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

kiteboarder replied the topic: Aeromarine XXX Outerlimits

Great review! I used to build and race nitro RC boats back when I was 14, that was 17 years ago! I still have one at my parent's house far away. I've been considering building a new one with my kid. I'm obviously inclined to go nitro because that what I know. I wanted to hunt down .21 OPS engine, which from what I recall, those old OPS engines where the best of their time. I remember the .21 and red head .67 being amazing. I'd either do that, or try and stick with the times and go gas. Anyhow, great review, I really enjoyed it! -Danny

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.