4-Stroke Power

jcsaws63 created the topic: 4-Stroke Power

This thread discusses the Content article: 4-Stroke Power

Is there any more on how this motor is going since artical was written?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

zukman replied the topic: Re:4-Stroke Power

I have one thing to say....

SUPERCHARGER;)

Scott replied the topic: Re:4-Stroke Power

The man behind the scenes doing the R and D pretty much hosed anyone who got involved along the way. No progress has happened with them in recent years that was disclosed on line.

Good Luck tho if you pursue trying one.

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

Radamus replied the topic: Re:4-Stroke Power

I ran the Honda Cracker a week ago and for the first time ever blew it off the water. I thought it was a fluke, so I did it several times, made adjustments and still did it. I'd say that's running well enough. New engine development and props have gained some speed.

I think Scotts comment is also a little over the top. The guy behind the development is still working on all kinds of projects including the 4 strokes. There's no sense in sharing technology and data on something that is no where near mainstream. No one likes to be criticized for trying new things, that's why it continues below the radar. There are actually a lot of Hondas in RC boats. I get questions all the time and pics sent to me from all over the world sharing thier 4 stroke projects.

If we could rewind a few years, before a particular org vote that happened, you would have seen a lot of Hondas and other poppers at the race ponds, but a organized push to change the rules eliminated this possibility. This sealed the fate of four strokes in any racing situation for now.

fwiw, there are no modified parts and pieces that are required available that I can help with, although I have lots of stock parts that I've thrown in the trash :P

lohring replied the topic: Re:4-Stroke Power

I can't imagine a 26cc four stroke that would come close to the power of a 26cc two stroke. It would take supercharging, and piston superchargers would probably be the only ones that could generate the pressure needed with the small volume. YS has built crankcase supercharged four stroke engines, but they don't approach the power of modified Zenoahs. The maximum rpm for a YS 28cc engine is listed as 10,000, 1/2 that of a good Zenoah. It would take an overhead cam design to improve the rpm. Even with equal rpm, the four stroke would need twice the cylinder pressures. None of this is easy in small engines.

Lohring Miller

marc replied the topic: Re:4-Stroke Power

4-strokes do however benefit from much higher torque than 2 strokes...problem is that would mean the need for bigger props and that just doesn't seem to work as well in our applications. I could however see a possibility of using more efficient sub surface props with the 4 strokes...only way we will know is if someone actually has the time and resources to effectively test. I know I don't! :)

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Radamus replied the topic: Re:4-Stroke Power

My engine is turing pretty close to where a stock Zen turns with a canister, not as high but close. I am turning a huge prop on a surface drive. Once it gets moving the prop torque pretty much goes away, but taking off from a putt is quite interesting. This engine out torques a zen by a lot, but less hp- in the end, it's about how many rpm can you turn what pitch prop. Even heavily modded, it still would loose to a stock zen every time heads up. It's only advantage is, it could probably do the same speed with 5 more pounds of boat if I can think of any simple way to explain it.
This wall is why they are for sport/play boating for now.

marc replied the topic: Re:4-Stroke Power

I would see it in a big 57 incher that's weighed down to look and handle like a real boat. I have one sitting on a shelf here that I want to do something like this with...you know, make it heavy enough so it actually cuts through waves rather than bouncing on top of them... I want a real scale look and feel...don't care if it's just 40mph! Was thinking up putting a twin inline Zen in her, maybe a 4 stroke would be another option. Make a nice playboat for the cottage I am sure!

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.