Need help building my 84" classic boat

Freddy07 created the topic: Need help building my 84" classic boat

Hi every one! I'm new here and new to building my first rc boat. I've had a few in my past that were rtr. so now for the the topic at hand. I have a empty 84" Apache like the bonzi one. I need help on what to buy as far as what size stinger drives do I buy. Do I go with a round or square flex shaft???? How do I go about bending the brass tubbing the right way? And how do I install. Pretty much a noob here guys who just needs some help and pointed in the right direction. The boat will see more rough water then any kind of racing. I wanna get ahold of a good inline engine or was thinking about buying red lines cuppler kit for the Zenoah engines and join the g300 engines together with a clutch and gear box from arrow rc boats and run 2 stinger drives. Also what size servos and radio do I go for. How deep or far down on the transom do I wanna mount my drives and rudders. I would like to do a duel rudder setup as well. The transom is 15' wide 7 1/2 deep to the lowest point of the hull. Thanks for your time guys and for those who help me out here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats replied the topic: Need help building my 84" classic boat

Post some pictures of your boat - always helps when we see what your building

a twin is a complicated first boat

avoid coupled engines - if you want a inline see Gizmo and get a RCMK Inline that's RTR or get from RCMK direct

a good well build single in a blast too but that is a big boat so really needs a inline.

I haven't heard a lot of great things about Redlines shipping on time lately

Look at Bonzi's 84 Picture section and will give you some ideas

Cant really rig till you decide on power - inlines need 'good stuff' Arrow Shark is not proven stuff yet - guys like Matho gear boxes are way better quality

Don't be fooled by 'bling' - some works some doesn't

RCMK inline - Matho clutch gear box to some MHZ or WD dives and you have a cool boat

Randy

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats
www.youtube.com/channel/UCjwPZIU4nBUUk1CG0xf3TnQ

Freddy07 replied the topic: Need help building my 84" classic boat

I spoke with gizmo a few days ago about him building me a inline from his 520s bottom end kits so once the money is availabile I will be giving him a call asap. I like arrow sharks stuff yea bc it looks shiny lol but they seem to put pride in there work. I've also heard bad things about MHz there's only one MHz website I can find now as they also changed up there sit but I will defiantly give the other gear boxes a look at for sure. I just get lost when it's time to install every thing as far as what angle do I need to set the engine at as well as how low or high do I set the drives on the boat as well as the rudder. Also why is it that everyone strays away from the cuppler engines now? Every body loved them when they first came out and now I can't seem to find any Inlines and for get about finding somebody who has rcmk engines in stock there Inlines anyway. Thanks for the response back randy it's a big help to me
Attachments:

Canadian Hot Rod RC Boats replied the topic: Need help building my 84" classic boat

Stick with reputable deals - Gizmo is one

There is one ONE MHZ to deal with
www.mhz-powerboats.com/index.p...111e88212877d7d

they are the REAL MHZ

Matho does inlines and gear boxes

www.matho-powertrain.de/index_en.html

WD
wd200-modellbau.de/?Getriebe%2...rbox:Getriebe_I

RCMK also sells direct
www.rcmk.com/

Have fun There is a few inlines on RCU

Randy

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats

Freddy07 replied the topic: Need help building my 84" classic boat

I will defiantly check these out and see what they got. Thank you again for your help and input randy

lucy thecat replied the topic: Need help building my 84" classic boat

Why not reach out to Bonzi for help and to purchase the parts you need?

David
Sure ... Lol Bonzi are nice guys but hold on to your wallet

But whatever works for you -

Have Fun

Zoom Zoom .....
Toy Boats Toy Boats

Misty Creek Boats

MATHO replied the topic: Need help building my 84" classic boat

Just my 2 cents:
Better to buy a coupled Zen 290 / 300 than a RCMK-twin, this engine still has the issue with that middle bearings and seals.
But the coupling itself has to be adjusted due to the tolerances of the crank houses and the crank shafts. So this must be done by a experienced worker.......
not a doing yourself item. And do never couple 2 twins or 3 singles!!

But: a 84" inch deep vee which will be driven in rough water should have weight and power, I think a weight of around 55lbs. would be fine.
So at the end you have the same result as the European modeler with that kind of huge boats: 2 x twin with 29cc each means 116cc overall or a coupled Polini or a 4-cylinder....

My recommendation: start with a coupled twin and a splitter gearbox w/o overdrive because you need torque at the props and ensure during the build, that a 2 x twin or s.th. different would have space in the future...... appetite will come while eating.....

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.