Hi Tech Sport Hydro

Reader created the topic: Hi Tech Sport Hydro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scott replied the topic: Re: Hi Tech Sport Hydro

Well done build article, Hull looks to be well made based upon designs a bit outdated due too the evolution of higher H/P engines, but a proven overall design never the less.

Was waiting to see some running video before making comment ... but not seen anything as of yet :whistle:

Very well done, you thought it out well prior to execution ... sign of a good modeler :woohoo:

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

mitchesx replied the topic: Re: Hi Tech Sport Hydro

Thank you, Scott.

I like the design too, although it is based on some of the older Sport Hydros out there. Of the builds I've done, this is probably one of the ones I'm most proud of.

I'm still waiting to see running video of it too, lol! I had no access to a pickup boat for a few weeks, and then some wild weather; so last week when I was supposed to christen it; we had a nasty round of storms - loss of power - No way to charge it... 13 hours w/no power... Stir crazy.... There is a sign of hope for this weekend... But being father's day - the pickup boat may be at home with its owner and kids..... I'll get it!!! Before 2012! lol

marc replied the topic: Hi Tech Sport Hydro

Article has been updated with a video sent in by Steve. Thanks!

Modelgasboats.com - Home of the WARPATH Riggers!

Follow Modelgasboats.com on FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE
"

Scott replied the topic: Re: Hi Tech Sport Hydro

Steve,
Ride attitude looks real close with hull riding level ... you however have what looks like a turn fin location issue with IMO looking at video fin too far ahead of hull RTR C/G location. ** Transom looks to be kicking out to much putting hull into a tail slide.

Constructive criticism here, your close but not there quite yet :whistle:

2 stroke Engine Tech of 30+ years, Prop tweeker, Chronic tinkerholic, Home of Motor Heads RC Racing Engines ...
8 time NAMBA National 6 lap heat racing record holder.

mitchesx replied the topic: Re: Hi Tech Sport Hydro

Thanks, Scott. You know, I thought it was me overdriving because of the narrowness of the "pond" (which as of this afternoon, we've lost that water -after thinking it was saved). If I understand what you're saying, I need to move the fin back a little to make it corner smoothly without trying to spin as it was. Again, I totally thought that was my nervousness with that pond. Never took a hydro with a modded motor there before. That little dumas 1/8 scale with a zenoah loves(ed) that water, but tends to slow a bit with river chop.

hitech marine replied the topic: Re: Hi Tech Sport Hydro

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

User Login

Mailbox

You are not logged in.

© 2017 Modelgasboats.com. All Rights Reserved.